Rear facing infant carrier car seat recommendation -Canada

ashley_490

I'm hoping to get some recommendations for rear facing infant carrier car seats that can fit side by side on a bench seat of a GMC Yukon and a Ford F-150 supercab (not extended cab). I have 4 month old twin girls and we currently use the Graco Snugride but my girls seem uncomfortable in it (the seat is a bit hard), and now that the weather is warmer they seem to get rather hot in it. We don't have a budget we need to follow, just want something with good cushioning that isn't hot to sit in for a while and of course that has a superior safety rating. Higher weight and height limits would be ideal.
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Hi there and welcome :)

Can you please provide more information?

- Years of both vehicles
- age/weight/height of both girls
- how long do you plan to rear face for (as long as possible is the recommendation)
- how do the seats you have now fit? why are you needing them side by side?
- are you looking for two seats total that will move back and forth, or are you looking for four seats total (one set per vehicle)?

ashley_490

- Both vehicles are 2009's
- Our twins are 4 and a half months old, approximately 12 lbs each, and 23.5 inches long.
-We plan to rear face for as long as possible. We will eventually be purchasing the Diono Radian convertibles but for now we still want the carrier type seats.
-The seats we have now fit well side by side, the passenger seat has to be pulled forward a bit but it's not an issue. We prefer the side by side configuration because one of us usually sits in the backseat with the girls to keep them entertained and quiet. We live rurally so it takes a bit to get anywhere.
-We're looking for 2 seats that can be moved back and forth between vehicles. The Yukon is our primary family vehicle and we only occasionally use the truck so moving the seats doesn't occur all that often.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dillipop

Which snugride do you have? The 22, 30, 35, classic connect, etc? Depending on which one you have, we can probably help figure out a seat about as wide or a bit narrower than what you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
There isn't safety ratings for seats. They all meet or exceed the tests set for car seats by Transport Canada.

This SnugRide 35 has the extra Gracopedic foam behind baby's back and bum so is much more comfortable than the Snugrides without the extra foam. Not all the SnugRide 35's have that foam, it's just the Flint coloured model as far as I know in Canada. And I believe the Flint colour can only be purchased at baby boutique's or through Shop.ca (the link I posted) which ships from Snuggle Bugz in Ontario.

It's a nice seat, tall and comfy. I had it for my daughter. If you order now using ebates.ca and shop.ca, you get a 20% ebates rebate back which would be a nice chunk of cash for you with 2 seats.

That being said, I'd see if you can try 2 out side by side in your Yukon first as I am not familiar with that vehicle at all. The F-150 has a really wide back seat and if you mean the Super Crew, I can't see how they wouldn't fit. Unfortunately I don't own the seat anymore so can't test for you.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC