News Sensitive info/death mentioned-Improperly buckled booster

pooh136

I just read this heartbreaking story about a 6 year old who was in an accident and had the shoulder belt behind her back. Unfortunately, she did not survive, but I am hopeful that her story will help spread the word to others. I know so many children my daughter's age (9-3rd grade) that should ride in boosters, but don't, and put the shoulder belt behind them.

http://m.wfmz.com/poconos-and-coal-region/sixyearold-girl-dies-in-monroe-county-crash/33447742

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by a moderator:
ADS

Rm2000hg

My kid takes a van back and forth to school every day. Yesterday morning there was a new driver told me he forgot the booster seat but "it's ok for kids to sit without boosters as long as you put the belt behind their back so that it doesn't dog into their neck or face". I said oh no no that is very dangerous & sent her with one of our boosters. It's scary that someone whose job it is to drive children was so misinformed! I will show this to him tomorrow!!

seb3244

I just read this heartbreaking story about a 6 year old who was in an accident and had the shoulder belt behind her back. Unfortunately, she did not survive, but I am hopeful that her story will help spread the word to others. I know so many children my daughter's age (9-3rd grade) that should ride in boosters, but don't, and put the shoulder belt behind them. http://m.wfmz.com/poconos-and-coal-region/sixyearold-girl-dies-in-monroe-county-crash/33447742 Posted via Mobile Device
This is just so so so sad!! Sadly without naming any names this happened to a friend's precious 9yr old son just 4 weeks ago.
My kid takes a van back and forth to school every day. Yesterday morning there was a new driver told me he forgot the booster seat but "it's ok for kids to sit without boosters as long as you put the belt behind their back so that it doesn't dog into their neck or face". I said oh no no that is very dangerous & sent her with one of our boosters. It's scary that someone whose job it is to drive children was so misinformed! I will show this to him tomorrow!!
So scary. Children don't just magically fit in an adult seatbelt when the law says at the age of 8 they don't have to be in a booster anymore -tell this to the driver. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC