Combination seat with rigid latch

Hazelandlucy

Are there any? I am a big believer in rigid latch and am even considering buying another Foonf so she can have the REACT when I turn her FF soon in both cars. But obviously a combination seat would be more practical! Does one exist? Thanks!

ADS

katymyers

Not that I know of, considering the fact that most seats top out at around 40 lbs (depending on the seat itself obviously) for using LATCH I don't see much point in having it for a combination seat. I rarely use LATCH at all for forward facing seats anyways, almost every seat I've ever used the seatbelt install is much easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hazelandlucy

Ok, so the only way to use rigid latch past 40 lbs is the Foonf because I can combine it with the seatbelt?

How long do kids fit in a Foonf forward facing? My DD1 is 3.6 years old, 38.5 inches and has two harness slots above her shoulders. Should the Foonf get her to 5.5/6?

Thanks!!

DOes the UK not have latch limits? They have a harnessed seat that goes to 55 lbs and boosters until 80 lbs called the Advansafix that appears to be able to stay latched the whole time.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh, how I wish... Maybe with a nice light carbon fiber shell and a perfectly reasonable weight of 10 pounds, with a LATCH limit of 55, which would be more than adequate for any average-sized harnessed kid...
From what I hear, though, the Safecell and the rip stitch tether make the Britax pretty amazing, and Click Tight is so so easy to install, and you can use it LATCHed later in booster mode.

(Didn't see your second post, yes, the Foonf should last your kiddo as long as she needs to be harnessed, I'd think, and, who knows what's the deal withe EU LATCH limits, maybe their government has more power over the car makers, rather than vice versa as we have it here? But if you read the copy for the SuperLATCH, you'd be sure it can be used to 80, so maybe the Advansafix has the same marketers...)

_juune

DOes the UK not have latch limits? They have a harnessed seat that goes to 55 lbs and boosters until 80 lbs called the Advansafix that appears to be able to stay latched the whole time.

With the R44/04 max occupant weight for an isofix seat is 18kg.
With R129 [ISize] max limit is 33kg child+seat, so we are getting a few seats with like 18.5kg [i.e. MC 2WayPearl] or 19.5kg [i.e. Nuna Rebl] weight limit because those seats themselves are lighter, but all of those have 105cm height limit as well [Concord Reverso is cool for having a 23kg limit but still also a 105cm limit, and, of course, it's RF only].
Yes, my understanding is that there is sort of more control over car makers as they can't specify their own of limits for isofix anchors. Which I think is great because there is way less confusion that way.
The AdvansaFix [it's a R44/04 seat] must be installed with isofix+seatbelt+top tether at all times when using harness [it also comes with a car list].

Mary_Ann

DD1 is 6.5 yo, 52 lbs and ...I forgot her height (pregnancy brain!). She wears 6x tops and some 7/8. She's ~ 1" over the 2nd to top slots (obviously she's on the last). She really likes her Foonf and she doesn't seem too squished. I will try to find a pic and will post from Tapatalk ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC