Cosco Scenera NEXT v. APT 50

MotoMommaNH

I need a back up seat for baby girl. RFing 12m old, 30.5in (90%) 22ish lbs (75%).

These are the two I'm looking at just because they are both inexpensive and lightweight.

Can anyone compare the two and why I would want one over the other?

Tia!

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

ADS

MotoMommaNH

941e2f473eb319eb055459e4158c2b0f.jpg

I'm so impatient...immediate gratification type lol.

I'll let you all know what I choose.

MotoMommaNH

Haha sure! It's going in an Odyssey captains chair so space won't be an issue, so I may do the APT for the cup holders alone if all other things are equal LOL.
We shall see!

The toughest part will be keeping things in tact so I can return one if need be. I've never had to do that before!

katymyers

I'm curious which you end up liking better. I'm tempted to get a lime green NEXT for Aubrei since it's so cheap but I don't know if it's really worth it. I certainly wouldn't pay for an old Scenera unless I was going to use it on a plane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MotoMommaNH

Ok so long and short of it...I'm most likely keeping the NEXT.
They are both great seats and I really like that the APT has another inch of shell height. My kiddos carry their height in their torsos. But the one thing I can't get over is how wide the APT is at the cup holders! The one thing I thought I'd like, and I was wishing they weren't there.
It was pushing on DS Defender and while I could have moved them both outboard, why make concessions when the NEXT fits perfectly.
I don't foresee using it FF and so I wouldn't need the taller slots on the APT.
I might need to use a noodle or towel with the NEXT but it was pretty good without.
We are also looking to use it on a plane so that was another deciding factor as I like to get a narrow and small as possible with that scenario.

MotoMommaNH

do you have a problem with the seat belt and the buckle?
Installed with LATCH. The belt install was kind of a pain because of the shoulder belt lifting up and causing tilt. Didn't try a locking clip to see if that remedied it because she'll never go over the limit being as the seat weighs less than 8 lbs

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC