Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: What's next?

What's next?

Short story....

We got a Nautilus from a family member at my baby shower in Sept 2009. DS didn't use it until he was 3 (Nov 2012). It expires at the end of this year.

DS will be 6 in Nov., weighs 38 lbs, 44" tall.

I have Britax Pioneer in my car and the Nautilus is in DH's car. DH does most of the longer distance driving - he takes and picks up from school right now and next year, he will take the bus and I will pick him up at school which is 5 minutes from our house.

Should I get another combination seat, or will a booster at this point be ok? Any recommendations? He will likely be in this seat for a long time...he's my peanut

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

At his age and size, a booster is a good choice. You know him best- will he sit in place and leave the seat belt alone in a booster? You can try him in a booster now- at his size though the Nautilus might not give him the best seat belt fit as a booster. Feel free to post pics of him in a booster for feedback on how well it fits him. Starting him in a booster now will give you time to find out if he is ready, or if he needs more time in a harness before his expires.

Also, I think the Nautilus can be used as a booster after the harness portion expires? Hopefully someone else will verify that for you.

The godkids are growing!
    J 9/09 and J&A 1/15

I think it's just the backless portion of the Nautilus that has the +3 years.

The rest of Brianna's post is spot on!
    Down to just a spare Radian, folded in the hall closet for my Godbaby.

Check out this thread for a Pilot overview!

5. Thank You from:

Quote Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
    Also, I think the Nautilus can be used as a booster after the harness portion expires? Hopefully someone else will verify that for you.
    The bottom portion is good for nine years, but the back (on older models) expires with the harness.

7. Thank You from:

I think that a booster seat would be fine.