Clek fllo or britax advocate click tight ?

seb3244

Daughter is almost 3 years and rear facing in a britax Advocate 3G. She is getting squished in this car seat and my 11 month old is almost ready for it. Three-year-old currently weighs 33.8 pounds and 38 inches tall.

I am a britax girl and love it and have their b safe as well for my infant.

I am wanting to rear Face my almost 3 yr old until age 4 but need something easy to buckle & will give her more room. I think that is why it is difficult to buckle right now.

So the britax click tight advocate or the Clek fllo? Also where can I try the Clek in my suburban?

Also DH thinks the harness doesn't have to be tight. What would you do to tell him it does. I have already said I could have placed 3 adult hands under her harness and that really pissed me off and made me very sad at the same time. So easy to buckle is a must.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADS

bnsnyde

My daughter just turned 2 and is 32.5 lbs. She just got a Fllo and we love it RF. Lots of legroom though she is a few inches shorter than your child. (She'd been in an Advocate made in 2011).

I find it very easy to buckle. Very! It did take a bit of "assembly" getting it ready. My Britax seats have always been ready to go.

When she is done with it, baby brother gets it. I imagine she'll get to somewhere between age 3 and 4 before he needs it.

oakster

No experience with these two, but just wanted to note that we have a Marathon G3 that started getting tricky to buckle when my son was around 2.5--Britax sent us a free harness designed for older children (20 pounds and above) that was longer and made it a lot easier to loosen and tighten the harness. Not so helpful if you're about to hand it down anyway, but might be worth requesting just to have it on hand anyway. It did make a big difference for us.

jwilliams

If you think she's squished in her current Britax, I imagine you'll think she is in a CT. The Fllo has oodles of leg room and fairly low profile sides. You will probably think it is awfully hard - it is not a plush seat - but my daughter loves it. BTW my newly 3yo can buckle herself, chest and crotch, in the Fllo. It's that easy. It's super easy to loosen and tighten as well.

Regarding the harness, it needs to be tight so she doesn't slide up out of the seat. The harness will stretch in an accident so she would slide up more than just what the slack allows. Or, worse, she could just pop out of the harness entirely and hit someone or something in the vehicle or be launched out of the vehicle.

Rm2000hg

No experience with these two, but just wanted to note that we have a Marathon G3 that started getting tricky to buckle when my son was around 2.5--Britax sent us a free harness designed for older children (20 pounds and above) that was longer and made it a lot easier to loosen and tighten the harness. Not so helpful if you're about to hand it down anyway, but might be worth requesting just to have it on hand anyway. It did make a big difference for us.

That's awesome!! I had no idea they made longer harnesses. I've been frustrated when I wasn't able to fit kids in due to harness length!

seb3244

All of this info is very helpful thanks so so much!

I am excited to call britax about the longer harness and will keep that on hand.

Thanks everyone!

Anyone know where to try a fllo in my vehicle?

Thanks again!!

Hazelandlucy

Get the Fllo.! There really is nothing better to rear face older kids. It's so well constructed and solid and so much leg room. It doesn't seem like a "baby seat" and is very easy to buckle and adjust.

seb3244

Anyone know the cheapest place to get a pink fllo with anti rebound bar (is this included)?

Thx everyone

1mommy

There's a facebook group called Car Seat Deals, they could probably help you, and I'm pretty sure it comes with the anti-rebound bar.

seb3244

There's a facebook group called Car Seat Deals, they could probably help you, and I'm pretty sure it comes with the anti-rebound bar.
Thanks I joined today from my moms fb page because I don't have one. Although no one has answered me on the page :(

seb3244

Why can't I pull the trigger and just buy this thing already. I am still debating on this or the click right advocate. But I need lots of leg room.... So she doesn't seem squished

jwilliams

Why can't I pull the trigger and just buy this thing already. I am still debating on this or the click right advocate. But I need lots of leg room.... So she doesn't seem squished
Well... probably because it's flipping expensive :D It's a big decision. I knew I'd be getting new seats for a loooong time before I did, and at various times I think I was pretty much positive I was getting three different seats.

Seriously, though, so much leg room.
c2a0aa9b81da3cf92ef4a36d0a7d3465.jpg

1mommy

Generally you get the best deals signing up for ebates and diapers.com if you are a new customer (not sure if clek is exempt from coupon codes) but also Allbee Baby.

1mommy

I must say this thread is making me want a fllo! I just got Bugger Breath #2 a pria and I'm not feeling the love like I thought I would. It sits up so high and I feel like I have to cram him into the seat and bonk his head on the ceiling.... Not to mention he seems kinda squished in the head wings (with his 92% head)... Sorry to thread crash, just meant to say I understand your quest for the perfect seat and all the indecision.

1mommy

Random thought/ what about the Graco Milestone? Low profile, compact, fairly narrowish, not the nicest seat but not the worst either.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC