Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: 3 in a row...

3 in a row...

I have been googling like crazy for weeks. I'm expecting number 3 in January. I still need a car that's cheap, since I don't plan on working after number 3 is born, that fits 3 seats in a row. I have a frontier 90, a britax blvd and a peg perego primo viaggio bucket. Vans and trucks are out of the budget. I'm thinking Ford focus, (God forbid) Chevy cruze...something that size. Has anyone gotten anything but radians and cleks to fit in these cars?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

We have a two door focus with two evenflo maestros and a safety first infant bucket. Ages and sizes of older children?

Moderator - CPS Technician

Re: 3 in a row...

A Ford Taurus is fairly wide. Actually there are several fairly wide sedans, although the specific makes/models are escaping me right now. When you're car shopping, measure the space and look for a vehicle seat that is fairly flat for your best chances. That being said, the Frontier and Boulevard are both pretty wide, and you might have better luck switching one or both of them out for something more narrow.
    Cutie #1 (13 years) 5-stepping
    Cutie #2 (10 years) riding in a Safety 1st Incognito

Cutie #3 (7 years) riding in a Chicco KidFit
    Cutie #4 (6 years) riding in a Frontier
    Cutie #5 (3 years) riding in a Nuna Rava

Carseat Crazy
    Quote Originally Posted by jjordan View Post
    A Ford Taurus is fairly wide. Actually there are several fairly wide sedans, although the specific makes/models are escaping me right now. When you're car shopping, measure the space and look for a vehicle seat that is fairly flat for your best chances. That being said, the Frontier and Boulevard are both pretty wide, and you might have better luck switching one or both of them out for something more narrow.
    I agree completely. I drove a current model Taurus for a while last fall, and did a few different three across setups. I used a Britax Parkway, Bubble Bum, and I *think* a Recaro ProSport, and a couple of others that included the Parkeay.
    Mama to Josie (4/08, 47lbs & 49"), retriever-cat Hotrod, munchkin-cat Gizmo, and hell-cat Leggs.

CPS Fanatic

Are you looking for new or used?

Look at a Ford Fusion before the Focus. I found my Focus to be tight with 2 seats, and while 3 would be doable it won't be easy. The Fusion won't be too much more price wise and the extra room will be worth it.

DD - 12/07 - Backless Turbo
    DS - 9/13 - Boulevard

We actually have the Toyota Camry and it fits two Graco highbacks and a Chicco Elleta. Fits easily!

Quote Originally Posted by DanielNathan View Post
    We actually have the Toyota Camry and it fits two Graco highbacks and a Chicco Elleta. Fits easily!
    Pretty sure that Chicco is not sold in the USA.

OP I'm going to say that IME small/mid size cars usually require either a narrow base seat like a radian and/or a high base seat like a myride or some britax. it's probably cheaper for you overall to get the car that fits your budget and buy a couple hundred dollars of car seats to fit in it than buy a car to fit your seats.

good luck!
    Maggie - Rollin' hard in my Swagger Wagon with my 3 lil' men all properly restrained