3 in a row...

nwkent25

I have been googling like crazy for weeks. I'm expecting number 3 in January. I still need a car that's cheap, since I don't plan on working after number 3 is born, that fits 3 seats in a row. I have a frontier 90, a britax blvd and a peg perego primo viaggio bucket. Vans and trucks are out of the budget. I'm thinking Ford focus, (God forbid) Chevy cruze...something that size. Has anyone gotten anything but radians and cleks to fit in these cars?
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

TaylerC

We have a two door focus with two evenflo maestros and a safety first infant bucket. Ages and sizes of older children?

jjordan

A Ford Taurus is fairly wide. Actually there are several fairly wide sedans, although the specific makes/models are escaping me right now. When you're car shopping, measure the space and look for a vehicle seat that is fairly flat for your best chances. That being said, the Frontier and Boulevard are both pretty wide, and you might have better luck switching one or both of them out for something more narrow.

kathysr98

A Ford Taurus is fairly wide. Actually there are several fairly wide sedans, although the specific makes/models are escaping me right now. When you're car shopping, measure the space and look for a vehicle seat that is fairly flat for your best chances. That being said, the Frontier and Boulevard are both pretty wide, and you might have better luck switching one or both of them out for something more narrow.

I agree completely. I drove a current model Taurus for a while last fall, and did a few different three across setups. I used a Britax Parkway, Bubble Bum, and I *think* a Recaro ProSport, and a couple of others that included the Parkeay.

SavsMom

Look at a Ford Fusion before the Focus. I found my Focus to be tight with 2 seats, and while 3 would be doable it won't be easy. The Fusion won't be too much more price wise and the extra room will be worth it.

DanielNathan

We actually have the Toyota Camry and it fits two Graco highbacks and a Chicco Elleta. Fits easily!

Attachments

• chicco-eletta-comfort-kindersitz-0-18-kg-gruppe-0-1-black-schwarz-c.jpg
    chicco-eletta-comfort-kindersitz-0-18-kg-gruppe-0-1-black-schwarz-c.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 16

Mags462

We actually have the Toyota Camry and it fits two Graco highbacks and a Chicco Elleta. Fits easily!

Pretty sure that Chicco is not sold in the USA.

OP I'm going to say that IME small/mid size cars usually require either a narrow base seat like a radian and/or a high base seat like a myride or some britax. it's probably cheaper for you overall to get the car that fits your budget and buy a couple hundred dollars of car seats to fit in it than buy a car to fit your seats.

good luck!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC