6 month old FF :(

RJB78

CPST Instructor
I was talking to another mother today, and was suprised to find out her baby was only 6 months old - he was huge! She told me he was 24 lbs already. I let her know that I was studying to be a CPST and that I know large babies might pose car seat problems, so to let me know if she had any questions. It was then she admitted to me that she had already turned him forward. :eek: I was NOT expecting that! Her reasoning was that he screamed and kicked the seat each time he was put in his seat.

She kept justifying it by saying she had all her kids in Britax seats and that she spent a lot of money on them, and I'm thinking, it doesn't matter how much money you spent on a seat if you're in a crash with him FF! She didn't care much what I said, because her ds hates to rear face, so she wasn't going to turn him around.

I suggested maybe switching the baby's seat with either of the other seats in her car (he rides in a Wizard) if the seat was making him uncomfortable, but she said, big sister (4) rides in a Parkway and big brother (3) rides in another Wizard.

I told her that my (almost) 2 year old was still rf-ing, and she said, "Why? Isn't she uncomfortable? My kids hated to face backwards." She was so confused as to why I would do that on purpose. LOL

I was so distraught the rest of the morning. :(

ADS

sb518

aww, at least you tried that's all that matters :thumbsup: It ticks me off that people think just because there kid is in a car seat that they are "safe"

MandiRN

OH MY DEAR LORD...My heart just stopped briefly I think. How some people can be so careless with their most precious possession...their child's life. :( I'm sorry this affected your whole day. I'm sure it would ruin mine as well. ~M

Mama!

WOW. Could you show her some pics of bigger kids happily RF? I'd be glad to snap one for you.

RJB78

CPST Instructor
WOW. Could you show her some pics of bigger kids happily RF? I'd be glad to snap one for you.

I don't know if I'll run into her again. I vaguely remembered her from a mom's group a few years ago, and I just happen to run into her at the library today. I did tell her that my youngest was still rf-ing at 23 months, though! Thanks for the offer!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC