Question Car seat for tall 3 year old?? **CANADA**

julymommy

Hi all, you helped me in the past when getting my sons convertable seat (Graco myride) and now thanks to a mouse I need help again. A mouse got into our car (Rav4) and chewed on the straps so his seat needs to be replaced asap. My questions are:

1. Do you think a stage 2 seat is my best choice (a ff/booster) rather than getting another 3 in 1 like his Myride.

2. If I am going in the right direction which seat would be the best option? Is there a ff/booster that just kicks all the others butt?

I noticed the evenflo securekid is on sale at BRU this week for $159, I also noticed I can get a Nautilus for $175 thru shop.ca. I feel like I have heard lots about the Nautilus but not sure why it's so much more than others in the category. And haven't heard a thing on the securekid.

Space is not an issue.

Thanks for any input. I really want to this to be the perfect seat for him.

Last edited:
ADS

Chila88

Was your son FF in his MyRide? If so and your rear facing days are behind you, then yes and stage 2 seat is a great idea.

The headrests on the Nautilus and Securekid can push a child's head forward, which bothers some kids and not others....but it's worth sitting your son in one to try it out before buying if you can.

Another stage 2 seat to check out would be the Harmony Defender at Walmart.

julymommy

Yes he was FF in the MyRide. Thank you for your input I really appreciate it. I will look at the defender. And we will prob head to BRU today to try some out. Hopefully ds cooperates.

julymommy

Was your son FF in his MyRide? If so and your rear facing days are behind you, then yes and stage 2 seat is a great idea.

The headrests on the Nautilus and Securekid can push a child's head forward, which bothers some kids and not others....but it's worth sitting your son in one to try it out before buying if you can.

Another stage 2 seat to check out would be the Harmony Defender at Walmart.

Does the Defender have the head forward issues like the other 2???

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I don't think so, but it's quite new to the Canadian market so there isn't much hands on with it. It's been out in the US for a while though. It's only at Walmart - can you go put him in it? It's quite a cushy seat. It's also on rollback for $130 right now, so if you don't see one grab a rain cheque.

julymommy

I don't think so, but it's quite new to the Canadian market so there isn't much hands on with it. It's been out in the US for a while though. It's only at Walmart - can you go put him in it? It's quite a cushy seat. It's also on rollback for $130 right now, so if you don't see one grab a rain cheque.

Thanks so much! I think by the research I have ruled out the Nautilus. Toss up between the Securekid and Harmony. The head forward issue is really bothering me. We didn't make it to BRU today.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC