2005 Buick Terraza

ADS

katymyers

It's the same vehicle as a Chevy Uplander or Pontiac Montana SV6. I'm not a huge fan but they aren't horrible. The tether anchors in the middle row are kind of difficult and there's only one in the third row. Also, my in laws had an '05 Uplander that had transmission problems and at 105k miles the engine failed and totaled the vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
That's the Buick badged variant of GM's Chevy Venture/Uplander minivans. IIHS's test scores for the Terraza are listed at http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings/vehicle/v/buick/terraza-minivan You can toggle through the IIHS's 2005-2007 Terraza crash test results at that link. The 2005 model wasn't tested for side impacts by the IIHS, while the 2006 and 2007 models were. At a glance at those scores, I'm honestly leery of the Terraza's IIHS side impact test scores, which were Poor without optional side curtain airbags and Marginal with them in the 2006 model, and improved to Acceptable (one notch down from the IIHS's top rating of Good) with the optional side curtain airbags in 2007 models. The poor/marginal side impact scores for 2006 probably extrapolate to the non-side impact tested 2005 model.:(

msg221

I was going to suggest looking at the IIHS ratings as well but Jeanum beat me to it! I researched the IIHS reports prior to us buying our 2014 Accord back in December 2013 and after DH's accident last month where he suffered some pretty serious injuries, (though it was clear the Accord held up amazingly well and spared him more serious injury or death) I know I will never buy another vehicle again without consulting the IIHS ratings first.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC