Cosco Scenera Next

lourdes

Hello, so I got this seat trying to solve a space situation in our current car, it was a breeze to install with seat belt, no tilting so no need for a locking clip! but I went to use it today with DD and the buckle is too short, imo, or am I doing something wrong? I notice the buckle part is kind of different, and the buckle is kind of far way from the accual slot, does it makes sence?

ADS

jordansmom

I believe there are two buckle positions. Have you checked the manual for information on which to use and how to route it?

Last edited:

Holly

There is a longer crotch buckle available for the Next by calling Dorel.

Did that just become available?
I bought the seat a few months ago for my at the time 10 month old and couldn't buckle him in because of that crotch strap and I had to return it. I came here to complain and people told me they had the same problem and that there was not a longer crotch strap available.
I had mine on the middle slot too and it was way too close to him, basically under him. The 3rd slot is only for FF.
I don't know if a baby could actually use the first slot. Maybe a newborn?

lourdes

Ok so now I have a question, I just called Dorell, they are sending me the longer buckle but I asked about the approved harness pads and they said there isn't any, that the seat doesn't past any test with them......

CMeMeC

The only thing making her uncomfortable are the harness at her neck.....

This is not advice, but a few years ago I used socks over the harness. I cut the toes off and put them on the straps before threading them. It worked fine, but it may not be safe. However, I thought I got the idea from here. Maybe someone can chime in on whether or not it's safe to do that.

SNAmama

This is not advice, but a few years ago I used socks over the harness. I cut the toes off and put them on the straps before threading them. It worked fine, but it may not be safe. However, I thought I got the idea from here. Maybe someone can chime in on whether or not it's safe to do that.
that wouldn't be recommended, however you can pull her collar up in between her neck and the straps for the same effect... (I know in the summer my little one is often in tank tops but maybe a thin collared shirt for car rides?)

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
It used to be commonly recommended. It's not anymore, since we found out that harness covers do affect how seats test - some require them to be used, some prohibit them entirely, some allow them but they have to be taken off at a certain weight, etc.

I'd ring Dorel again and ask, or see if you can find Cosco/EB brand in store.

CMeMeC

It used to be commonly recommended. It's not anymore, since we found out that harness covers do affect how seats test - some require them to be used, some prohibit them entirely, some allow them but they have to be taken off at a certain weight, etc.

I'd ring Dorel again and ask, or see if you can find Cosco/EB brand in store.

Thanks for clarification. I didn't want to recommend it, but I know I read it here back then.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC