Tapatalk ads?

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Are you saying something changed today? If so, do you happen to know if the app had an update today from itunes or play store? As far as I know, there have been no recent changes to advertisements on desktop, mobile or apps. Subscribers at any level should see no ads in either app.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I'm seeing ads in most every forum I frequent, including here, for the last couple days at least. And they look like regular posts as they are interspersed between other threads. So easy to accidentally click. Super annoying.

I have a tapatalk update waiting from yesterday but I don't see any having happened recently prior to that one. Maybe this update and ad stuff are related, but don't rely on one another since mine isn't updated yet and still has the ads.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Has it always been like this or did something change today? I have had Tapatalk ads enabled since the original testing. I just confirmed the settings and there is really nothing else related to the ads besides on/off and to exclude subscribers.

sirrahn

I'm seeing ads in most every forum I frequent, including here, for the last couple days at least. And they look like regular posts as they are interspersed between other threads. So easy to accidentally click. Super annoying.

I have a tapatalk update waiting from yesterday but I don't see any having happened recently prior to that one. Maybe this update and ad stuff are related, but don't rely on one another since mine isn't updated yet and still has the ads.
Did you not ever pay for Pro? I'm not sure if it's still possible to get VIP since Tapatalk is now free, but if you ever paid, you shouldn't have ads on any forum.

Unfortunately I've seen complaints on other forums as well about the new obnoxious in thread Tapatalk ads.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

MUTigers

I'm getting ads just as of today also. I didn't manually update tapatalk but when I first opened it today there were new things to click on and I think it said something about changes coming or just happened. I ignored most of it because they aren't features I use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NVMBR02

I'm seeing an uber ad in this thread. They are super annoying. (Which probably means I should do a subscription. [emoji6] I think there was an update since there are a few other minor changes as well. I'm on an iPhone.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Is it possible those seeing ads the first time today had an auto update? Or had a subscription and had it lapse? Perhaps from a holiday contest or something? I don't know what else would have caused this to start today, as ads have been being served for months since Tapatalk was installed. I'll try to remember to check the Tapatalk support forums this week.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Well my app is now updated to the May 26th version and there are more ads now. Every thread has an ad somewhere in it. It's in the thread amongst the posts and looks exactly like another post. So you start to read it and it makes no sense with the thread, then you realize it's an ad! And when you're scrolling through the thread, if you touch the ad as you're scrolling, you're now out of your thread and into the ad.

Now, all the above behaviour is just the new way that Tapatalk is doing ads. It's tricky. It looks nice than the banner style, but it sucks as I end up reading part of them or accidentally tapping!

This is a little different than the way I was seeing the ads within the last few days, prior to my app being updated. I just can't recall the way it was different though.

Anyway, I swear there are way more ads now that previously. Perhaps it's just presentation. In which case then, they succeeded in making more people see the ads now.

MUTigers

Well my app is now updated to the May 26th version and there are more ads now. Every thread has an ad somewhere in it. It's in the thread amongst the posts and looks exactly like another post. So you start to read it and it makes no sense with the thread, then you realize it's an ad! And when you're scrolling through the thread, if you touch the ad as you're scrolling, you're now out of your thread and into the ad.

Now, all the above behaviour is just the new way that Tapatalk is doing ads. It's tricky. It looks nice than the banner style, but it sucks as I end up reading part of them or accidentally tapping!

This is a little different than the way I was seeing the ads within the last few days, prior to my app being updated. I just can't recall the way it was different though.

Anyway, I swear there are way more ads now that previously. Perhaps it's just presentation. In which case then, they succeeded in making more people see the ads now.

100% agree! It feels like I'm seeing several ads per thread. In reality it depends on the number of posts. But it's annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sirrahn

Did you get logged out of your Tapatalk account maybe? I don't have ios, but my android app is completely updated, and I still have zero ads.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Kegracin

I have adds too now but I know my tapatalk updated its self some time this week. (I see adds here now and in the other forum I visit via tapatalk).

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Perhaps this change to ads is iOS only? I just logged into my test account, which is basic community member access only, and I'm not seeing any change on Android.

The old app also had ads except for subscribers, but if I recall they were typically above and below thread content, not within a post.

Can someone post a screenshot of an add that appears within a post please?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC