Question Britax Boulevard Infant Positioning Pillow

B

BobalooG

We picked up a Britax Boulevard G4 (2014) back in November for our daughter who had just been born. We've been using a Graco Snugride but are now ready to switch to the Boulevard. This is our second Boulevard and third Britax overall, so I'm pretty comfortable with installing and using them.

That being said, this model, unlike our old Boulevard, has this giant Infant Positioning Pillow that baby sits on and is "required" for less than 22lbs and rear facing. When this pillow is in place, and everything else is adjusted properly, the hip straps lie across the middle of my daughter's thighs. It looks very uncomfortable and doesn't look like any normal fitting car seat I've used before.

If I remove the Infant Positioning Pillow, she fits perfectly in the car seat, everything is nice and tight, shoulder straps are at an appropriate height, and the hip straps lie across her upper-thighs/hips.

I'm not sure whether it's safe to not use this Infant Positioning Pillow, especially considering our old Boulevard didn't have one and was a very safe car seat.

For what it's worth, my daughter is almost 8 months old, has good head control, sits by herself, etc. She's not a wobbly-headed new born at all.

Has anyone else run into something like this? Any thoughts on ways to deal with it?

ADS

Snow mom

Yea, according to Britax the pad must be used until 22 lbs and discontinued at 22 lbs. I didn't care for the infant insert either and didn't like their wording in the manual but the strap positioning is safe/tested to that size. This was one time I wished my DS would gain weight faster--he used that inset until he hit 22 lbs at 18 months.

Fallon

That's the G4 seat the straps are 2-3 in longer then the previous model . Hence why you have to use that pillow til 22 lbs and the previous model didn't have it .

bnsnyde

We have an Advocate (2011) and it has nothing for an infant. A lumbar pillow I guess.

I did just order the infant foam thing for 5-11 lbs. though so a baby can use it well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC