65 lb 3 year old...

featherhead

I'm trying to help a woman with a very large 3 year old. She has her in an AOE, but the belt fit is not good. Which booster would work well for a bigger young child? She is quite chubby, so I'm not sure how she would fit in a seat like the TB.

ADS

bnsnyde

I know someone with a son who just turned 3 and is 65 lbs.
I think he's in a Radian, but it's not the best fit I guess since he is chubby. So it's not just a 65 lb. child, but one who is 3 and not super tall, so I imagine any seat would be a tough fit due to chubbiness.

featherhead

We are in Canada, so all our harnessed seats top out at 65 lbs max. She has no choice but to booster. She sent me another pic of her in her brother's backless booster (Evenflo I think) and the fit was actually really good. She is going to try to buy a booster with a back, and send me more pictures. The AOE gave a really good shoulder belt fit, but the lap belt was not good.

featherhead

I forget the exact number she told me, but it was over 100 cm, maybe 105. So she is on the tall side, but still a lot of weight for her height.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC