Sienna 2nd generation questions- 8 passenger

sunflower

We decided that this will best fit our budget and car seat use.

The car seats are 2 backless or no booster if they 5 step, with the Parkway SGL for my 7 yr. old in the back row.

Center row will be a FF Foonf for 5 yr. old, 2 yr. old RF- I would like to try the True Fit (exp. 2017), as it seems more comfortable than the Foonf, if I can fit it, and the soon to be newborn in a RF Radian. My DH and I are both short, so no problem with the distance to the front row.

Can this seating fit, and will my older kids be able to easily get into the back row? I could have them climb in from the trunk, the same way I was installing my RF kids in the Caravan for the last 3+ years. They're thin and lightweight- so no issues climbing, but can they also go in from the second row?

I've had enough of having harnessed kids in the back row.

Also, which years would be better, or are they more or less equal? 2006-2010.

Thanks so much.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
ADS

sirrahn

My '04 eats tires too. I think it's just how they are. .big heavy vehicle with tires designed for a smooth ride. I did eventually have better luck with a different Michelin tire from the ones it came with (those got less than 30k) and have been happy with the Continentals I put on it last time so far. Get something with a mileage warranty and be prepared.

I've still had zero major repairs though. I can deal with tires!

As for the op, that seating set up will be fine as long as the outboard seat can tumble. I know the Truefit is on the wider side, but I've never had one. GL!

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

ETA because I missed the newborn in 2nd row too. I would put one of the 5 steppers outboard 2nd row so you can tumble a seat and put the ff Foonf in the back outboard. I had a similar set up for years and it wasn't hard to reach back there to buckle my son in his marathon at all.

Last edited:

Mags462

I own a 2005 XLE 7 seater with roughly 125K on it - we have owned it for 6 years now and never had anything major happen. I hope to make it to 200K at least :D

With that said - i am not sure your configuration will work. If you put 3 installed car seats in the 2nd row you won't have easy access (eg be able to toggle/flip) up a seat for your other kids to get into row 3. I would put a booster rider in the passenger outboard position in the 2nd row so you can easily move that seat as needed. I would put the FF 5yr old in a harness passenger outboard 3rd row (no tether in the outboard drivers side position) so it's easy for you to reach to help with buckling if needed. But YMMV.

Tires do get burned through on the quicker side, but really i think that's true of most minivans b/c of the weight of the vehicles vs tire size.

Be aware that Sienna's in the 04-06 year have timing BELTS whereas the 07-10 vans have CHAINS.... this matters b/c if you buy an 04-06 van with close to 90K miles or one that has more than that you need to make sure the timing belt has been replaced (the manual recommends the change at 90K)..... if not negotiate it into the price b/c changing it is $.... not crazy, we paid $750 for the belt and water pump when ours hit that mileage, but just know that required maintenance is there.

All that said i LOVE our van and enjoy driving it.:)

sunflower

Thanks for the info so far. My oldest two haven't stopped arguing over who will get to sit in the middle, which is why I wanted them both in the back. We'll figure in out then, I guess.
Posted via Mobile Device

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC