Elr mode installation - Malaysia

L

LiteBulb

My car is not equipped with alr mode. It wouldnt be easy for me to source for a locking clip at my location.

Therefore for rearfacing installation, can i lock the belt by tugging it in elr mode?

ADS

jwilliams

No, a seat belt with only ELR mode is not an acceptable installation method. The seat needs to be secure before a crash. First check if your latchplate - the part with the metal buckle on it - locks in any way.

Did you try pulling your belt out all the way to see if it switches to ALR mode?

If neither part (retractor or latchplate) locks, and you cannot obtain a locking clip, only a seat with a built-in lock off can be installed safely.

bbartlettnfld

I also suggest searching for a car seat that comes with a vehicle belt locking feature.

Most Overseas (European,and Asian) brands tend to come with vehicle belt locks as the vehicles often do not have locking belts. These are often called "lock offs" some are attached to the child car seat itself and others are similar to locking clips in North America that are a separate piece that clip around the belt.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC