Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Truck that safely seats a family of 6?

Does such a thing on the market exist?

Kids ages in sig. TIA!
    Lauren, mommy to:
    Philip 9/4/2008, Affix w/ SS
    Andrew 8/17/2010, harnessed Nauti
    Lydia 1/14/2013, ERF MR65
    Sophia 3/18/15, SR30

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Truck that safely seats a family of 6?

I can't see your siggy, but the only pickup I'd buy if I needed six functional seats is the Ford Super Crew (2011 or newer). LOTS of space with headrest and l/s belt in the front center. In the past, Ford CS has okayed the use of ffing carseats in that front center position. HTH

Carseat Crazy

My husband drives a 2014 Ford F150 Super Crew, it can easily fit 3 across in the back seat. The front can also seat 3 (including the driver) but I cannot comment on how safe it would be to seat a child in the front. Maybe some of the techs can chime in about what child & what seat to place in the front.

I can't see ages of children on the app
    Melissa

DD#1, April 2004, FFg in a Pink Harmony Literider & Onyx Parkway SG
    DD#2, January 2007, FFg in a Pink Monterey & Purple with Pink Hearts HBTB

Riding in my 2010 Toyota RAV4 and DH's 2011 Ford 150 Crew Cab

Carseat Crazy
    Kids were born in 08, 10, 13, 15.

I would by a current generation Ford F-150 Super Crew, and put the kid born in 2010 in a Radian in the front center assuming s/he fits. If that kid won't fit in a Radian, I would go with a very low profile FF harness, or if that won't work, the 2008 kid in a backless booster assuming s/he is mature enough to ride properly.

It's important to note that not all Ford F-150 Super Crews are 6 passenger vehicles. Be sure to verify that the front center has a seat instead of a big console.
    Mama to Josie (4/08, 47lbs & 49"), retriever-cat Hotrod, munchkin-cat Gizmo, and hell-cat Leggs.

7. Thank You from: