Tell Me How the Britax Click Tights Work

LKuepfer

So I'm throwing around options. I want to try a Britax Frontier for our middle seat in our Caravan because Britax has the webbed tether and any regular tethers slip through our split seat. (we're in Canada so we have to tether) I am thinking about buying a 2013 dated one from a friend. She wants $100 for it but I'm not sure if I'm better off just going new since it seems to be missing the belt shield and the straps were pretty musty from old food. It wasn't used much and it did clean up okay for me.

So the seat it would be going in only has a lap belt. How does click tight work? will it work with a lap belt? With my friends used one I have to use the long belt path to get it tight will that affect a click tight install? The click tight has the cow cover which would be so cool! :) but its 399 where as theres a regular Frontier on sale for 219 on Toysrus website although I bet it has an older manufacture date... Any thoughts????

ADS

Brigala

CPST Instructor
So, I own both the older-style Frontier and the new Frontier with ClickTight. :)

Mine are the US versions so there's some risk that the instructions differ slightly in Canada, but as far as I know the only difference is the weight limits on the seats.

First, with the older version, you cannot use a long belt path with a lap-only belt. If you cannot get it tight in that seating position with the short belt path, then unless we can figure out how to help with that the seat is incompatible with that seating position.

The ClickTight version has a completely different style of belt path. It does not have a long belt path option, but you really shouldn't need one. It should work fine with most lap-only belts. If you have a vehicle with the buckle in the middle of the seat belt (like an airline belt) that would probably cause an issue. ClickTight works great with most other styles of belts.

If you decide to go with the seat from your friend, you might think about ordering a new set of harness straps from Britax just to "freshen" it up a bit and make it more like new. You should also be able to order any other missing parts, such as the belt shield. Perhaps call Britax and get a quote for all that and factor it into your decision.

LKuepfer

First of all Thankyou! I didn't see the part in the manual about not using the long belt path with a lap belt. I'll try again with the short but basically the buckle comes up too far on the car seat making it impossible to tighten well. But I'll try twisting the buckle stalk to shorten it that might work. I can twist it up to three times?? If this seat is incompatible then there is nothing that works in the back seat of our van as far as harnessed seats go... And boosters I'm not having luck with either..

And yes I've thought about replacing the harness and even buying a new pink cover but with that and 30$ shipping and paying $100 for the seat I'm over $200 for a used seat. I guess if I didn't get the new cover... :p. The belt shield wasn't listed for sale but I could call them and ask..Thanks again!

Oh and one more thing. Is it safe to use it with out the belt shield?

Last edited:

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Yes on the twisting up to 3 times.
I am unsure about the belt shield. I would call Britax on that one.
We often have covers for sale in the swap forums. :)
The ClickTight would be worth trying. The belt path is higher, more like the long belt path. It may work. Some stupid rs let you try a floor model in your car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC