Ford Escape - two carseats - tall husband - Canada

iamsam

Hi,
We're expecting our second baby this summer. Our son will be 4 by then. He's currently FF in a Britax marathon. I drive a 2011 Ford Escape. It's primarily our commuter car, and will be rarely used by all four of us. That said, I'm still trying to figure out the best car seat configuration so my husband (5'11") will be comfortable. Currently, my son is behind the drivers seat and I drive. But on the rare occasions that my husband drives he's pretty uncomfortable. So I know with a second seat, my husband will likely be uncomfortable regardless of where he sits.

So... I have two questions.
1) What seat is the best option to give my husband enough leg room in my car? It can be either RF or FF - we can get a new seat for my son and move his current convertible to our other vehicle for the baby's seat when the infant seat is outgrown. I've been told the Britax Frontier or Diono something(?) are good options and to put my son behind the passenger (where hubby will usually sit) and keep baby RFing behind the drivers seat. I'd rather not use the centre for a carseat.

2) We're considering baby number 3. I would really like to keep this vehicle, so, thinking ahead, are there any options for 3 across? Again, Diono radian comes to mind, but are there any other narrow ones?

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm more concerned about addressing question 1 than 2. We have until about Christmas to sort it out as that's when I'll move baby out of the bucket. It's very unlikely hubby will be in the car before then as I'll be on mat leave. Also, I'm in Canada, just in case that changes anything.

Thanks in advance for the help.

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC