Question 3 across 3rd row 2006 freestar

Veronemilie

I have just recently opened a home daycare & part of my contract is that I do activities & such with the kids which require driving to (not far). I currently only have one child (8mnth old) & his parents simply leave me his infant car seat. I am planning ahead for when I will have 3 daycare kids & trying to find a good car seat.

I drive a 2006 ford freestar & would like to put all my dck's on the back seat as my 2 kids are in the middle row captains seats. So I am looking for a seat that is thin enough to fit 3 across, fits a relatively wide range of children (from 6months to 4-5yrs), is relatively cheap :) & bonus points if I can just buy 3 of the same seat just to keep things simple :) oh & a no re-thread adjustment system would be awesome :)

A BIG Thank you to those that help me solve my puzzle :)

I know i am picky lol :)

ADS

Veronemilie

Does anyone know how well The titan 65 does with 3 across?
http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/evenflo-titan-65-convertible-car-seat-tatum-wsuresafe-installation/6000190147600

How about the safety 1st guide 65?
http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/safety-1st-guide-65-tron/6000167660788

or the safety 1st alpha omega?
http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/safety-1st-alpha-omega-3-in-1-car-seat-capri/6000167660860

I use the alpha omega with my 2 year old & used the previous version with my 6 year old but I dont have much experience with it in a 3 across setup :)

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
HI there,

Sorry that no one has answered just yet - long weekend perhaps! Good on you for researching what will accommodate your day care kids well.

Your van has only one tether anchor in the 3rd row, meaning that you can only have one forward-facing child there ever, in the centre.

Often what people do is rear-face two seats in the outboard positions and load and/or buckle through the back hatch. Is this a possibility for you?

I'm not familiar with your van to know offhand what will fit there. Have you searched this 3-across thread yet? We are more limited with Canadian seats, and some of the US ones listed aren't available here, but it's a start. Check all model years (2004-2007) that have the same body style as yours.

Do you have any better of an idea about the size of the kids who will be in there? If it installs well I'd put a Harmony Defender centre because it's $160 at Walmart, it's narrow, and it has a no-rethread harness which means you don't have to uninstall anything to adjust the harness height.

Outboard *maybe* the Titan 65/SureRide only because they fit smaller babies than the Guide, and can rear-face for much much longer. Do not get the Alpha Omegas, they're huge and don't install well rear-facing.

Veronemilie

HI there,

Sorry that no one has answered just yet - long weekend perhaps! Good on you for researching what will accommodate your day care kids well.

Your van has only one tether anchor in the 3rd row, meaning that you can only have one forward-facing child there ever, in the centre.

Often what people do is rear-face two seats in the outboard positions and load and/or buckle through the back hatch. Is this a possibility for you?

I'm not familiar with your van to know offhand what will fit there. Have you searched this 3-across thread yet? We are more limited with Canadian seats, and some of the US ones listed aren't available here, but it's a start. Check all model years (2004-2007) that have the same body style as yours.

Do you have any better of an idea about the size of the kids who will be in there? If it installs well I'd put a Harmony Defender centre because it's $160 at Walmart, it's narrow, and it has a no-rethread harness which means you don't have to uninstall anything to adjust the harness height.

Outboard *maybe* the Titan 65/SureRide only because they fit smaller babies than the Guide, and can rear-face for much much longer. Do not get the Alpha Omegas, they're huge and don't install well rear-facing.

I have one little one registered & 2 other littles 6 months to year that are interested in my one baby spot left, any child after that would have to be over 18months (thats the law here in QC). So size wise the car seats dont need to be able to fit tiny babies.

Loading through the hatch was my plan :)

I searched the 3 across thread & only came up with one result:
member: arly1983
Make/Model/Year: Ford Freestar 04
Install method: Outboard radians w/seatbelt/ Marathon w/ latch
Configuration of seats: all Forward-facing (FF)
Seats used: Radian, Marathon, Radian
Checked by a Tech: No

I am looking into taking the SEATS training in the fall to become a Tech so that I feel better about installing car seats that will hold other peoples kids :) & being able to help out parents that I know is a good bonus too :)

Thanks for your input :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC