Anyone just at the library? Lol!

cookie123

I was excited to see the mama in the car next to me get her 2 rear facers out of their Nextfits. Maybe 2 an 4 ish? Just a guess!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADS

bnsnyde

Literally as I was standing at school pickup, showing my daughter (7) a highback that I though might work in place of our no back (never overkill in my mind, especially if she sleeps)..a mom in a van drives by with her 2 kids (little kids) in the front seat, one on the other's lap. No buckle.

Well. I'd take my no back over that any day!

bnsnyde

Was getting the plate # to report to buckle buddy but they drove too fast...I might see them again though and would report it.

mping

I saw one of my daughter's classmates drive off today in the front seat of their minivan. She's in 3rd grade. 😔 And no where near 5 stepping. And that's most of them. I texted one of her friend's parents this morning because I was trying to figure out a carpool for after school today. My car (Ody) is in the shop so I had my husband's truck. I have 3 kids and was hesitant about putting one of the 9 yo's in the front seat. Of course her parents were totally fine with it. I didn't end up needing to because my 7 yo was able to stay at a neighbors while I picked up the girls. But no one flinched when i said I may have to in order to pick up the girls in time if no one could watch my son.

I'm amazed every day at what people do and how much I stress about things other parents never even give a second thought to.

bnsnyde

I did just drive through my first seatbelt enforcement area 2 BLOCKS from that school. I went slow hoping I'd be pulled over so I could show off my new carseat set-up and talk seatbelts!
I even went by a 2nd time, but they did not pull me over. :(

I also wanted to tell the cops to do this as school lets out! Maybe they'd see what I see, which is awful belt use.

AllieK

I did just drive through my first seatbelt enforcement area 2 BLOCKS from that school. I went slow hoping I'd be pulled over so I could show off my new carseat set-up and talk seatbelts!
I even went by a 2nd time, but they did not pull me over. :(

I also wanted to tell the cops to do this as school lets out! Maybe they'd see what I see, which is awful belt use.

Seatbelt enforcement area?? Wow, I wish they did that where I live! I honestly don't think 75% of the LEOs in my area would know if they saw a CRS being improperly used unless it was blatant. :(

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I did just drive through my first seatbelt enforcement area 2 BLOCKS from that school. I went slow hoping I'd be pulled over so I could show off my new carseat set-up and talk seatbelts! I even went by a 2nd time, but they did not pull me over. :( I also wanted to tell the cops to do this as school lets out! Maybe they'd see what I see, which is awful belt use.

This is totally something I'd do. ;-)

robbertbobbert

I keep seeing a mini van with ERF, baby wearing, and breastfeeding stickers driving around near my house. I always think it must be someone from here!

I actually see a LOT of ERF. I've seen more Foonfs than I can count and have seen plenty of 2-3 year olds in Radians and even in Triumphs and Britax's. I've seen at least 10 ClickTights in the last few weeks. Someone in my neighborhood drove up to the park while I was there and they had their little girl in an Advocate CT with plans to RF to three. Top tether usage is somewhere around 80% based on what I've seen. I leave polite, concise notes about it when I see one unattached.

cookie123

I actually see a LOT of ERF. I've seen more Foonfs than I can count and have seen plenty of 2-3 year olds in Radians and even in Triumphs and Britax's. I've seen at least 10 ClickTights in the last few weeks. Someone in my neighborhood drove up to the park while I was there and they had their little girl in an Advocate CT with plans to RF to three. Top tether usage is somewhere around 80% based on what I've seen. I leave polite, concise notes about it when I see one unattached.

Wow! That's great!

CMeMeC

I got the strangest look from the guy in the car next go me at school pickup when my 7 and 8 year olds were in boosters. He put his preschooler in the front seat of his truck wearing a backpack, buckled him in and put the shoulder belt behind him and shook his head at me. Car seat use here is terrible. I rarely see a booster seat or a kid older than 2 in a car seat. One of the preschool moms has a kid my son's age (born the same day), 4 and I watched her put her in the car between 2 empty graco seats (new contenders or something) without even the seatbelt. Why?!!!!

mping

Most of my daughters friends ride in the front seat and certainly don't use boosters. She's in third grade :/

disbugsmomma

My dd get funny looks from her classmates when they see her sitting in a hb booster, as they are climbing into the front seat, boosterless. At least I've never noticed any of them not buckled in. There are some in other grades though. :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC