Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Carseat Crazy

Car Seat Transporter vs. Regular Luggage Cart

Is there any benefit to purchasing a specific car seat transporter (like the Brica Roll 'n Go, Go-Go Babyz or the Britax Travel Cart) versus just using a regular luggage cart and some bungee cords to transport a car seat through the airport?

We own one of those Magna Cart things (here: http://www.amazon.com/Magna-Personal...s=luggage+cart) and I have a ton of regular old luggage carts laying around at work (similar here: http://www.amazon.com/TravelKart-Spo...s=luggage+cart) so I just assumed I would use one of those to transport our 2 car seats. Am I missing anything here? Do I need to spend $50+ on a special "car seat transporter"??

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member aeormsby's Avatar
    We had one like the 2nd one you linked. It worked fine for carseats, and sturdy enough that the kids could sit in the seat still. It took a couple tries to come up with the best way to strap it on, and practice taking it apart before your trip (so you don't stress at the security line). We also sometimes strapped the car seat in the seat of an umbrella stroller, it depended on if we needed a stroller at our destination or not.

So, I'd say no, no need to get the car seat specific one.
    Ann

DD - 1/06 - 5-stepping
    DS - 12/07 - Incognito, Recaro Performance Booster & Harmony Literiders
    And a Bubble Bum for backup/travel

4. Thank You from:

Carseat Crazy

Re: Car Seat Transporter vs. Regular Luggage Cart

I'm not too concerned with the kids riding in the seat while it is on the cart. DD will likely be in the Ergo and DS will likely be on DH's shoulders or walking.