Car Seat Transporter vs. Regular Luggage Cart

AllieK

Is there any benefit to purchasing a specific car seat transporter (like the Brica Roll 'n Go, Go-Go Babyz or the Britax Travel Cart) versus just using a regular luggage cart and some bungee cords to transport a car seat through the airport?

We own one of those Magna Cart things (here: http://www.amazon.com/Magna-Personal-Capacity-Aluminum-Folding/dp/B000HVVSDU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1431369198&sr=8-3&keywords=luggage+cart) and I have a ton of regular old luggage carts laying around at work (similar here: http://www.amazon.com/TravelKart-Sport-Hunting-Cart-Black/dp/B0020ND4QM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1431369198&sr=8-4&keywords=luggage+cart) so I just assumed I would use one of those to transport our 2 car seats. Am I missing anything here? Do I need to spend $50+ on a special "car seat transporter"?? :confused:

ADS

aeormsby

We had one like the 2nd one you linked. It worked fine for carseats, and sturdy enough that the kids could sit in the seat still. It took a couple tries to come up with the best way to strap it on, and practice taking it apart before your trip (so you don't stress at the security line). We also sometimes strapped the car seat in the seat of an umbrella stroller, it depended on if we needed a stroller at our destination or not.

So, I'd say no, no need to get the car seat specific one.

AllieK

I'm not too concerned with the kids riding in the seat while it is on the cart. DD will likely be in the Ergo and DS will likely be on DH's shoulders or walking.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC