Maxi-Cosi fit Odyssey 3rd row?

bnsnyde

Does a Maxi-Cosi Rodifix fit in the third row Odyssey (2011 or up) outboard passenger side? Can it be latched in there with rigid latch and still buckle?

The base looks very narrow but not sure if the side wings are too wide (or too fragile)? She is next to her brother in an Incognito. It's very tight back there.

We have a Harmony Youth but if my daughter falls asleep, she gets out of position. I was just wondering, if the above fits, I'd be happy to have that added safety. She never falls asleep...until she does, lol. Normally it's to school and back (5 minutes) but if we go to Nana's and have a long day, it's a 20 minute ride. Thanks!

And also, would it fit outboard behind driver third row? Just curious.

ADS

lgenne

No specific experience, but we recently moved our FR90 from driver side outboard (where it couldn't have possibly puzzled next to anything) to passenger side. I was just looking at it today and realizing that I could totally put a RF CCO next to it. (The passenger side is the 40 part of the 60/40 split in our 2013; I assume they didn't change that?)

bnsnyde

Just thought of this and ran out to try it! I failed.

I have a Kiddyworld booster that looks nearly the same as the Maxi-Cosi one. IT fit with rigid latch and room to buckle 3rd row BUT the side wings would prevent her brother from sitting in his Incognito. :( So I am guessing Mxi-Cosi would do the same? Simply due to the wings?

I need a booster with only 1 sidewing! :)

lgenne

According to the data on the discontinued Rodi (which I think is just the Rodifix minus LATCH--no actual data on the Rodifix) the Kiddy Cruiserfix is 2.5-6" wider (width adjusts as the height is adjusted) on the high back than the Rodi, which is 17" wide only.

_juune

The base looks very narrow but not sure if the side wings are too wide (or too fragile)? She is next to her brother in an Incognito. It's very tight back there.
No experience with the vehicle mentioned but I do have a RodiFix, and, yes, the base is nice and narrow [= easy to buckle] but the side-wings fold out freely and go out pretty far so it's kinda wide. Not that I have a big experience with boosters but it does feel wide.

bnsnyde

What if one broke off a side wing?

Would that be terrible?

If they just made this thing with attachable/detachable side wings!
It's just styrofoam from what I understand. I am guessing when the Rodi-Fix on order comes, the left side wing will make the seat totally unusable b/c it will be in brother's shoulder space (he's in Incognito next to it).

It's the outboard side that I want the SIP anyway.

Dorel didn't tell me I can't. They said I'd void the warranty.

Ug. I feel so bad I did not notice my daughter sleeping in the 3rd row yesterday, totally unsafe and out of position.

I also have a Pronto seat on order, to see if that is a better fit (probably too wide at base but I'll try). If nothing else, she has to stay in the Harmony Youth (which is fine unless she sleeps). But it does not latch and we don't buckle it after she steps out to carline...there is no reasonable way to do it. I would LOVE a latch option.

Last edited:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Maybe the Boost Air? The side wings look a little smaller than the Rodi, but the headwings are huge, but great for sleeping, and the back of the base is narrow with flip up armrests for easier buckling.
I wonder if you can buy replacement side foam for the Rodi, so it could be re-built later, you know, should you *happen* to break the side off and not fix it for now...

bnsnyde

I can look into it!
My Vivo seems to fit! Not sure it's the easiest to buckle (though looks doable), but the side wings are great.

I wish I could get a new one with lots of life left! Or anything pretty pink.

Last edited:

bnsnyde

Well, Vivo made it too hard to buckle once the kids were actually seated. So no go.

I tried every seat I have outboard driver side back there, and none left enough room for middle kid in Incognito except (barely) the Sure Ride. And the Incognito takes up almost no room, so that's pretty scary!

I am super happy we have the Sure Ride, that's for sure!

Not that I'd mind playing around with seats to try your idea...but climbing over that seat for carline might be non-ideal. I will never stop trying ideas, though...as the kids grow and our needs change. I guess our setup is fine, just not perfect. But close to it for short trips!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I just referred another mama here with a 2012 Ody full of kiddos, keep an eye out for her in case she needs help :).
Hey, do you happen to have a Radian? Did it work anywhere in your set up at all? I think she's got one or two. And Turbo boosters, and a Pipa.

bnsnyde

:)

I had a FF and RF (middle) Radian back there AND a Prosport! My 3YO (99% for height) was riding FF in the Radian and was too tall for it (or straps kept slipping down, whatever). Hence, when we changed our set up to allow for 3 kids getting out to carline and baby #6, we just got him the Sure Ride, and he just turned 4.

I heard outboard Radian install back there can't get tight enough. I felt mine was OK, with effort. But certainly it wasn't an easy install or rock solid like I can get with other seats due to front/back motion. I wasn't thrilled.

Loved having our Radians when we did as they fit, though!

(I was just @ Buy Buy baby before baby woke up and had to nurse again and tried a Parkway SGL (they helped carry this out). The seat seemed to fit (I just placed it on the seat outboard 3rd row). I ordered her one, and if it works out, we'll keep it. I did not have her there to test it or even agree to go back in a highback, so there is that. It's pink though, and ugly brown or something. Shoulder room for middle kid in Incognito is a huge issue as he is up against the Sure Ride on the other side.) I'll keep the almost 6 YO in the Olli in captain's chair as he never sleeps anyway, and he does best by the newborn as they can't fight). Plus to unthread a seatbelt from the clasp for carline would take too much time.

When he is at school, I install a second infant base in this captain's chair so I don't have to lift infant seat into the middle. I was asked where baby's other "twin" was as they saw two infant bases. :)

Last edited:

jordansmom

Don't know if it will help space wise, but I have a Jane Montecarlo hbb with rigid latch third row drivers side and it fits beautifully there.

Brycen'sMommy

I have a 2011 Odyssey & 6 kiddos who are similar in ages to yours. I have a Rodifix on order and I'm hoping it works. The best high back booster we have found for the third row so far is the Harmony Dreamtime. We currently have a FF Britax Boulevard outboard passenger, Incognito in the middle & the Dreamtime driver side. With the Dreamtime and Boulevard in the outboard positions I have enough shoulder room to sit in the middle seat. We've used a Parkway SGL before and it works ok but the Dreamtime gives much more shoulder room.

bnsnyde

Oh neat! Can I see a pic of the rigid latch booster next to middle seat? Is there even room to buckle? I saw this at the store but base looked too wide, and then I'd lose space with rigid latch. I see that latch sticks out more than the buckle. Thus how would one buckle? Looks impossible?

Would also love to know how Rodifix works out. Side wings look too wide but base nice and narrow.

edit: OK, so Boost Air fits. She just needs to see if she likes it (wish it latched; but the arm rests give her her own "space" and flip up to buckle, so that's nice). We also have a Parkway on order as an option.

update: She loves the Boost Air. :) She cried with the Vivo, lol. So Boost Air it is. Pink!

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC