Question Britax Marathon or Chicco NextFit? Preferences

HeidiSmith

Hi! We're expecting our third child later this year, and I need some input on potential seats. I prefer to go straight to the convertible seat, as both of my older children were crazy hot in infant seats, and I prefer to wear them in a sling versus carrying the clunky carriers around anyway.

That aside, I'm looking at the Marathon Clicktight or the Chicco NextFit. Here are the things I'm really interested in knowing.

1. If you own either seat, how breathable is the cover? We live in Florida and it's hot, even when it's cool outside. The car heats up in the sun all year round. I want something that won't cause the baby to overheat easily.

2. How comfortably can a newborn be positioned in the seat? Our 2nd baby rode in a MaxiCosi Priori from birth and it was fine - no head slumping or sliding around.

3. How comfy is the seat as the child gets older? 2nd child loved the Priori rear-facing, but was miserable forward-facing. (We ERF until at least 2, but want to use this seat until it's maxed out and time for a Frontier.)

Any other helpful input? We've owned a Marathon before - it's expired - and loved it. But with updates and new materials, and our other kids are older and in Frontiers, I'm out of the loop on the new seats. Any opinions and experiences are helpful. :)

Thanks! Heidi

ADS

Dillipop

I have the nextfit for my 12 day old. The fit at birth was awesome. He was 8 lbs 8 oz and the harness was well below his shoulders using the infant insert and the lowest headrest position. I've already raised the headrest 2-3 positions to get the harness closer to his shoulders. The material doesn't seem super breathable but we haven't used it through a summer yet. We have the gray and black one. The other covers may be cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeidiSmith

Thank you! I'm excited to hear you like the fit for your infant. Were you able to adjust the harness height while the seat was installed?

Dillipop

Yes. It's super easy to adjust while rearfacing. Seems like it would be super easy forward facing as well .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allmyboyz

I have the nextfit rf for my tiny two yr old. He loves it and it is super easy to install latch or seatbelt in my highlander. I tried it ff for my older son a couple times though and he was not comfortable. It is a bit too bucket shaped to be able to sit upright in. However, rf it is awesome.

HeidiSmith

That's good to know about the possible comfort issue forward facing. II really want a seat that will last both rf and ff. I may go with the Marathon based on past experience with my big kids loving it ff and because many reviews I'm reading say the NextFit can be a a little hotter/less breathable,

Thanks for your help!!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC