Does the headwise have better padding than the other Graco "clones"?

diaperjoys

I think I'll get a "Graco clone" for our second car. I'm not a fan of the hard seat, but we'll try to do long trips in the Britax seat if we can.

Which clone has the best padding? This is for a 15 month BIG baby, so I'm not concerned about the infant padding - just the stuff that can stay in the seat once the initial infant stuff has to come out.

ADS

melissa621

It has slightly better padding in the headwings. Padding in the rest of the seat is....sparse. The butt padding feels terribly hard to me, but we're use to his Britax seat. I have a Graco Contender as well, and I feel like the padding is actually better in that seat than it is in the Headwise. It may just be because I hate the microfiber feel of the headwise though.

cookie123

I've only felt the Headwise and the Size 4 me and I think there's pretty much none. But most kids ride without much padding all the time and are fine without it and don't complain.

griffinej5

My niece is 4 and has ridden in almost every version at some point, and she doesn't seem to believe their is any difference. Currently she rides in the Walmart version in my mom's car, a contender in her mom's car, and a BRU version in my car. Prior to the walmart one she had a Headwise. She was nearly 4 when it was replaced due to an accident, so old enough to have voiced a complaint about it. As far as having asked her which she likes best, I think she prefers my mom's, due to it having pink on it. We've always just purchased whatever was cheapest at the time.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC