Price Check Beco Butterfly 2 carriers

jwilliams

I have two Beco Butterfly 2 carriers. One in "Natalie," (purple carrier, flower panel) and one in something I'm too lazy to look up (brown carrier, multi colored circles and birds).

I'm definitely selling the purple one now. It's been used a lot, and is in fair-to-good condition. No rips or stains, non-smoking house. The female end of the chest buckle has a crack, but it functions normally. The fabric is faded. I do have the hoods and infant inserts (for both).

The brown one is DH's and is in much better condition. He's not ready to sell just yet, but I think he will be one he actually sees a toddler carrier.

I'm thinking $45 for the purple, $55-60 for the brown? Is that reasonable?

ad7a0911fd82eb53b2ca04a3a01c5889.jpg
d739c81477b1d901ece164ee6e47701a.jpg
a3cd72d8c44bb300dd7b33e6f5e898a4.jpg

ADS

jwilliams

Do these have the sewn in panel that holds baby and goes between mom and baby?
Yes. When you use it, it's adult-panel-kiddo-carrier, if that makes sense. Then there is an additional panel that clips in for itty bitty babies, to raise them up.

newyorkDOC

Before selling the one with the cracked buckle I would contact beco with photos to enquire about safety/integrity. If it's questionable I wouldn't sell it until it had been replaced.

jwilliams

Before selling the one with the cracked buckle I would contact beco with photos to enquire about safety/integrity. If it's questionable I wouldn't sell it until it had been replaced.
I am waiting to hear back from Beco. I cracked it in my car door over two years ago and have been using it since. AFAIK, the chest clip isn't necessary for a back carry, and I guess that was all I was thinking about because I haven't done a front carry since 2012 ;)

newyorkDOC

Yeah theoretically if s carrier fits properly, the chest clip shouldn't be needed at all. It's only an added safety measure in case a shoulder strap slips. But lots of people seem to rely on them to get a correct fit. But I think it's also an easy fix if they suggest fixing it. It's not weight bearing so probably not an issue :)

jwilliams

Good news: you can buy the Gemini chest clip and attach it with no sewing :) And it's only $10, including shipping, because this is Beco, not Britax.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC