Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member jwilliams's Avatar

Beco Butterfly 2 carriers

I have two Beco Butterfly 2 carriers. One in "Natalie," (purple carrier, flower panel) and one in something I'm too lazy to look up (brown carrier, multi colored circles and birds).

I'm definitely selling the purple one now. It's been used a lot, and is in fair-to-good condition. No rips or stains, non-smoking house. The female end of the chest buckle has a crack, but it functions normally. The fabric is faded. I do have the hoods and infant inserts (for both).

The brown one is DH's and is in much better condition. He's not ready to sell just yet, but I think he will be one he actually sees a toddler carrier.

I'm thinking $45 for the purple, $55-60 for the brown? Is that reasonable?

5yo harnessed in a Britax Pioneer, one 3yo RF in a Fllo and another 3yo RF in a plum RXT, all in a 2014 Honda Accord.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Beco Butterfly 2 carriers

Do these have the sewn in panel that holds baby and goes between mom and baby?
    Mommy to baby J, 4 1/2 years old, 35lbs, and 42 inches tall, FF in his Diono Radian, Britax Frontier, and Graco MyRide

Quote Originally Posted by FLmom View Post
    Do these have the sewn in panel that holds baby and goes between mom and baby?
    Yes. When you use it, it's adult-panel-kiddo-carrier, if that makes sense. Then there is an additional panel that clips in for itty bitty babies, to raise them up.
    5yo harnessed in a Britax Pioneer, one 3yo RF in a Fllo and another 3yo RF in a plum RXT, all in a 2014 Honda Accord.

Before selling the one with the cracked buckle I would contact beco with photos to enquire about safety/integrity. If it's questionable I wouldn't sell it until it had been replaced.
    Mom to Caterina born January 12, 2009 and FF in a TWE and Julian born September 6, 2012 and RF in a Varioguard

Quote Originally Posted by newyorkDOC View Post
    Before selling the one with the cracked buckle I would contact beco with photos to enquire about safety/integrity. If it's questionable I wouldn't sell it until it had been replaced.
    I am waiting to hear back from Beco. I cracked it in my car door over two years ago and have been using it since. AFAIK, the chest clip isn't necessary for a back carry, and I guess that was all I was thinking about because I haven't done a front carry since 2012

Yeah theoretically if s carrier fits properly, the chest clip shouldn't be needed at all. It's only an added safety measure in case a shoulder strap slips. But lots of people seem to rely on them to get a correct fit. But I think it's also an easy fix if they suggest fixing it. It's not weight bearing so probably not an issue
    Mom to Caterina born January 12, 2009 and FF in a TWE and Julian born September 6, 2012 and RF in a Varioguard

Good news: you can buy the Gemini chest clip and attach it with no sewing And it's only $10, including shipping, because this is Beco, not Britax.