Chevy Equinox LT 3 in a row (ug!)

bnsnyde

Best solution?
I am sending the grandparents back in their SUV so that their vehicle can accommodate my 7 and 9 YO this summer. !!!! Ug!

In the back we NEED to fit grandma, 7 YO and 9 YO.
I tried every seat I have, including Harmony youth and all are too big.

Ended up with 9 YO has to use an Incognito (it arrived today from Amazon). He is outboard behind driver.
7 YO will be in middle but there is NO headrest. (The Vivo (unsure if it needs a headrest but anyway..) worked for 7 YO but it pushed the Incognito way to the side and I, as the adult tester, had about no room to sit (and grandma is wider than I am). So no go.

Incognito works for the 7 YO too and she is short enough that no headrest needed. BUT she is not 60 lbs. In August when she needs it she'd be perhaps 56 lbs.

So, do I order her the Incognito?
Some other solution? (Dad who is 6'4" and grandpa ride up front).

Last edited:
ADS

NVMBR02

Did you try the youth booster yet? Depending on how tall she is, she may still have enough head support. Ds is a shorter torso-ed 9 year old and he was able sit in a youthbooster with no additional headsupport a few months ago.

Or even try the older child in the youth booster and the Vivo again with the 7 year old? The different shape may help.

bnsnyde

Youth booster left her with no head support at all. Too tall.

RSTV might be tricky...grandparents and dad would be clueless!

The youth booster worked well in our van tight 3 in a row with an Incognito as part of the mix, so wow, this SUV is narrow!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
LOL, I was just thinking it looked wide to me, but that's only because I managed two infant seats and a Maestro in there, not nearly-full-sized-kids-and-grandma. The lack of a middle headrest has always vexed me in that vehicle...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC