Old question, but different....

U

Unregistered

I'm taking my 4yo to Disneyland in May. It'll be our second Disney trip. Last year my daughter was 3 and I lugged her car seat through the trip, even though we only needed it to and from the airports and hotel and home. She didn't even need a harness for the plane ride. She is very well behaved and bigger than most kids her age. This year I was hoping not to take the carseat and take something portable for the shuttle rides from airport and such. The drive is super short to airport and to hotel so I was hoping someone had some suggestions. I heard of this bubble bum thing and some boosters with harnesses. But I'm all very new to all this traveling thing with a kid, being my first. My daughter is about 39" and 44lbs. I just hope there's a way I can nix the heavy car seat.... Any tips?
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

Brigala

CPST Instructor
I'm taking my 4yo to Disneyland in May. It'll be our second Disney trip. Last year my daughter was 3 and I lugged her car seat through the trip, even though we only needed it to and from the airports and hotel and home. She didn't even need a harness for the plane ride. She is very well behaved and bigger than most kids her age. This year I was hoping not to take the carseat and take something portable for the shuttle rides from airport and such. The drive is super short to airport and to hotel so I was hoping someone had some suggestions. I heard of this bubble bum thing and some boosters with harnesses. But I'm all very new to all this traveling thing with a kid, being my first. My daughter is about 39" and 44lbs. I just hope there's a way I can nix the heavy car seat.... Any tips?
Posted via Mobile Device

At her age and size I wouldn't have a problem with using a Bubble Bum for short transportation in a rental or taxi as long as you have an adult available to sit next to her and make sure she stays seated properly for the entire ride.

I wouldn't be keen on that option for full time use, but she is big enough and old enough now that it should offer good protection in the event of an accident as long as she uses it properly.

AllieK

Posted via Mobile Device

I'm no tech or expert by any means but I am a Disneyland, CA local and the closest airport is about a 20-30 minute drive away (without traffic!) on a usually very congested freeway with lots of mergers. I'm not sure if that will change the answer for you but I wanted to clarify that.
Posted via Mobile Device

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
If you will have someone to sit next to her, or take a taxi/shuttle/town car, I'd bring a bubblebum and sit next to her. :) (I'm local to Disneyland too, but if you sit next to her to ensure sitting properly, a backless booster should protect her fine.)

I'd be quite comfortable with a backless booster for the trip. A BubbleBum would be easiest, as others have mentioned. I would do some research on proper belt fit before you go so that you know exactly what to look for to see that she's properly seated and well protected. Have fun on your trip!

gigi

I would get a Boostapak. It is great for smaller kids, has a REALLY well designed shoulder guide, and I think it is much easier for the kid to stay in position in one. Even though it is bulkier, it is still crazy portable and very handy to have around.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC