Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

3 Across in Rental Car in BRAZIL SOLVED!

Just wanted to update all of you who helped me figure out what to do with our rental car problem in Brazil.

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=275157

The rental agency Localiza offered us a Renault Duster for just slightly more than the Fiesta. We were able to FF Sureride RF Radian and FF Sureride relatively easily. The Duster is similar to an Outback or Mazda CX5. It doesn't have locking seat belts but I was able to use a locking clip with the Surerides and the lap belt in the center with the Radian. None of them are tethered. I tried really hard to find a usable tether point and couldn't but the seat belt installs are really solid. I realize this is not ideal but it's definitely better than using a bubblebum and vest with our 4 year-olds.

Thank you all for your help. I'm so happy we were able to keep everyone harnessed and not break the bank!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

Re: 3 Across in Rental Car in BRAZIL SOLVED!

Great job!
    CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

Awesome! So you're in Brazil now? I hope you enjoy this adventure!
    Anne, driving a '13 Odyssey and an '05 CRV

DD-Julia 9/04 (5 stepping now!)
    DS1-Luca 11/10 (Graco Wayz and Graco HB Turbobooster)
    DS2- Enzo 7/15 (Chicco NextFit and Diono R100)

Thank you! We are in Brazil! It's been a great adventure so far. Loading and unloading the kids from the car has gotten A LOT of surprised stares. I'm pretty sure we're the only ones around with three kids under 5 or at least the only ones who leave the house.