Car seat collecters and vintage enthusiasts

Bebe

Besides for Bobby Mac and Strollee car seat pics galore on Pintrest (all which I already have pinned on following) and considering Google images doesn't exactly help narrow down pic search, where can I find perhaps an online catalog/database of fisher price/GerryGuard car seats dating 1985-1995? Is there perhaps a big collectors book I could find a big urban library system where all the Kelly Blue vehicle books are? Or in the 900s invention catalog section in library stacks? I'm still struggling to find the 4-5 car seats my sister and were in 1985-1996, unfortunately there aren't any photos or home video footage of road trips or singing in the car (even though the vhs recorder cam was on my dads shoulder at all other times).

1 infant bucket seat maybe Graco, with yellow/pink Minnie Mouse/Mickey Mouse pattern on white fabric from 89-91, metal frame with some hard white she'll, doubled as a feed/play, was constantly mounted on dining room table and kitchen counter. Weighed maybe 15 lbs. harness adjuster clip on left harness, was in home video footage. There was also a matching Graco electric baby swing -2 speed modes- with white plastic and yellow/pink Minnie Mouse pattern. Maybe it was a 2 piece set.
1 brown and black Gerry Guard or Fisher Price metal frame overhead shield car seat, ff, 86-87.
1 blue/grey Graco or Evenflo overhead shield 91-93, possibly JCPenny or Sears purchase. Possibly could have been plastic light blue T shield instead of overhead.

1 Gerry Guard/Century shield booster with dark fabric (blue or teal) and pattern of rectangles on fabric, red safety belt under lap shield, 5-8 lbs in weight. This one I'm still itching for, it's been in my head my whole life and for the life of me I either envision it wrong, or it doesn't exist on the Internet. There's a whole pin collection of Gerry Guard and Century shield boosters I have already pinned on Pintrest, it could be one of them, following BobbyMac. Where is it!?

ADS

cookie123

840035ae9873f9fdf4008c11bc74b110.jpg

I was looking through some old photos to post a birthday photo for my Dd's birthday and laughed when I found this!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

katymyers

Check out this Pinterest page. https://www.pinterest.com/schutzgurt/vintage-car-seats/

Most if the stuff is early 80's but there is some stuff from the 90's

Here is a picture of the booster seat you are describing: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/f7/90/8d/f7908d7858b96bd7ad680f0c0129ed65.jpg

Omg! That's my old booster! Same pattern and everything. I still remember napping on the shield part. It may have been a death trap but it was comfy lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SNAmama

There's also a picture of this in a limo from 1985 -

Attachments

• 11138661_10206201542775036_8149269278433016270_n - Copy.jpg
    11138661_10206201542775036_8149269278433016270_n - Copy.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 50
My ds1 came home from the hospital in a t-shield in 1996 with the top of the shield in front of his face like 6" in front of him. I didn't think it was safe, but it said "from 5lbs" on the box :rolleyes:

I came home from the hospital in a FP t-shield (9100?) and it did NOT fit. The pictures were hysterical. This was in '93.

BabyGearCollector

Is there perhaps a big collectors book I could find a big urban library system where all the Kelly Blue vehicle books are?

Wish there was! I'd sure buy a copy if it was published.:) I just resort to saving photos of vintage car seats and other baby gear items from way back whenever they come up for sale on ebay and craigslist.

Dave

bnsnyde

Did they test them? I see an ad from (1980's perhaps) that say all the seat meet new federal requirements.

I am curious if anybody figured out what would happen to a kid if he/she actually hit the shield? Most of the seats I see have big shield things in front of the seats, for all ages. I am surprised though that a backless booster pictured looks about the exact same as today.

mom of six

Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 213 (defining car seat regulations and standards) was first passed in 1981 so car seats made since then have to meet that standard. Over the years FMVSS 213 has evolved as we have gotten smarter. Looking at some of those older car seats it is a wonder they even worked at all.

lgenne

I remember having backless boosters as a kid (although I think I'm remembering my younger sibs in them, but they were probably hand-me-downs) that looked very similar to the ones today. This would've been early to mid '80s. Of course, we only had lap belts...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC