Well on my way to becoming a booster addict

scatterbunny

LOL!

I've got 5 boosters accumulated now (2 Britax Bodyguards 1 Recaro Start, 1 Compass B510 and 1 backless Britax Starriser Comfy), but I still want more. :whistle:

And I just know I need an 86Y harness to use with a highback booster in the middle of my third row (lapbelt-only, no headrest). To fit three-across in that row, the highback booster will most likely need to be a Fisher Price Safe Voyage booster.

I would be satisfied with a FPSV booster, an 86Y and maybe one other booster...Recaro Vivo? Only 13 inches deep, not sure if that's enough. Wait for Sunshine Kids Monterey? That's probably what I'll do, and figure out how to get a vehicle with LATCH in the meantime. :D

Yup, I've got a *serious* booster addiction going on. :eek: At Hayley's size harnessed options were NOT plentiful, so it was easy to resist buying temptation. But now that she's officially a booster-rider, full-time, there are more options, and they are lower-cost than the harnessed options, so much harder to resist. :rolleyes:

And, "why does she need to fit three-across her van's third row?" you might ask. "Is she doing daycare?" "Planning more kids?" Nope. I just have a strange obsession with being able to fit as many children safely as I have seats in my vehicle. :p

ADS

Holly

LOL! Are you planning on getting or checking out the Sunshine Kids Monterrey (I think thats what it's called) when it comes out too? I think those look cool, depending on whats available in a few years, I may want to get one of those for my dd's first booster. I'm already thinking about it and she's still only 2! LOL!

ateammom

Keep up the good work! Just think of it as "test driving" all those boosters for those of us who rely on your opinions. It's community service, really.:p

scatterbunny

LMAO--community service, I love that! :p

Yes, I want to check out the Monterey; it's supposed to be 14" deep, which is about as deep as the Bodyguard Monarch and the Start on the setting I have it on (but the Start is flat and the Bodyguard curves downward so the BG isn't as supportive as the Start), so it should be good, depthwise. The only thing deeper is the Air Booster, as far as I know. But we don't have a vehicle with lower anchors right now, so the Monterey would be kind of a waste IMO, unless we trade up for a newer vehicle.

Melissa, are you serious? If shipping wouldn't be a killer, I'd LOVE your FPSV booster! :love:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC