Evenflo Triumph Advance

momofAandH

I was curious about the EFTA and how those who have them, like it. I was hoping more reviews of the seat would be posted under the Car Seat Reviews. Obviously there is the short tether issue:( but was curious about the new harness, installation RF and FF, fabric choices, etc. Both :thumbsup: and :thumbsdown:

Thanks

ADS

kphil

We have one as our backup seat in my dh's car. It's currently installed FF with my 5yo riding in it--she has TONS of room to grow (like 5 inches of torso growth!), and the fabric seems nice. I actually really like the knob adjusters. I've never liked how hard our Marathon, and now our Blvd are to get tight, and this seems much easier and more straightforward to me. I haven't had a chance to install it rf yet, though--it will be a very tight fit in the back of my dh's sedan, and will only fit behind the front passenger seat, so the seat can be moved up. It's tall.

skaterbabs

I really like this seat. I had the opportunity to play with it a few weeks ago. It's not a Britax, but I don't think it's any LESS of a seat. I like the fact that it does RF to 35 lbs and it has a nice tall seatback. The harness is tall enough for even a very long-torsoed child like my DD to actually make it to booster age before outgrowing it by height; but at the same time the lowest position would be a good one for small babies. So it's an option for families that do not want to buy an infant seat. the infinate harness adjustment means the harness can be at the optimum position (at the shoulders) at all times, and it's a good choice for childcare providers, grandparents and the second vehicle because the adjustment betwen different children's torso height doesn't require the seat to be uninstalled.

The harness adjuster is a little DIFFERENT than other seats; but not in a bad way. It does not have the douible harness thing that the old Triumph had, but it does have the knobs. They tighten the harness by pulling it DOWN, tightening over the thighs, so there isn't that looseness around the pelvis that is common. On the model I played with the knobs were not too difficult to turn either, so I see this as a good solution for families in which the caregiver has difficulty tightening a traditional harness. Too loosen it, you push a tab and then rotate the knob in the opposite direction, so the odds of a child loosening their own seat are pretty slim.

Over all I really like the seat and would not hesitate to use it myself.

alexysmommy

I just bought this seat for my 35 lb almost 3 year old, and i really love it. I was really frustrated when i found out the tether is so short :whistle: but now that i have gotten over that, i am glad i got this seat. I love the harness adjuster, it is really easy for me to adjust without actually climbing in the van and having to yank on a strap. ALso, I love that she has a ton of room left to grow, i think she will outgrow the weight limits before the height. The fabric is nice, and it seems to be a very comfy seat...the only thing i dont like is that since our fabric has leather on it, it can only be spot cleaned. i think it was def worth the 100 i spent on it though.

marcymc

I bought one about a month ago and have been very happy with it. Its for my 14 month old RF using the LATCH. It installed easily. The fabric is very nice and soft. My 3 yo really liked it when we had it in the house and wanted it to be hers. I have the old Triumph and was used to the knob adjuster. I'm glad there is no more double harness. The infinate adjusting harness is different, but works fine.

We actually bought a britax at the same time (for my 3yo). Everyone raves about the Britax, so I was excited to get it. I do love the pattern, but I really didn't think the Britax is much better than the EFTA.

I would definately recommend the EFTA. Good luck with youir decision :)

I have it and i love it. the short tether has no been a problme for me in the least. I'm able to top tether with plenty of tether left in my Dodge durango SUV. But if the top tether is too short for you, please know that Evenflo will have available in a few weeks a top tether extender.

I got this seat as a replacement for my old triumph (not the advance) that was involved in a accident. I love all the changes. It is just as easy to install as the old triumph was, We installed it in less htan 5 mins! The higher shell is wonderful, cause now it will fit my son for some years to come, and i love that it has a higher RF limit (35LB) so my next baby will be RF for many years! I love the harness feature. For me the very fact that i didnt' have to take the seat out to adjust the harness hieght was a huge plus for me! Plus if you have 2 children that are of different heights it makes it a breeze to use, cause you dont' have to mess with uninstalling and reinstalling the seat.

We have the DLX The cover is very nice. I was suprised by how plush it was. My son actually found it much more comfy then the Britax MA that was sitting right beside it that we tried.

HTH

veggiegirl228

We have one in both our cars. We have two different fabrics, it just worked out that way. We had the triumph before the advance came out so overall it's the same seat but with the taller shell, not having to adjust the harness in the same manner (it wasn't a big issue before, just improved) We love that it's soft and comfy for dd and reminds us of a mini recliner. I would recommend it. Oh yeah she's RF. I did practice installing it FF and had no problems. HTH

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC