2008 Dodge Caravan & Diono Raineer

hejlalys

I have 2 diono raineers that I will need to install in my 2008 dodge caravan. We will have captains chairs. I would like to rear face tether. I have 1 son who is 4 months old and 15 lbs and RF. My older son is 31 lbs & 2 1/2 years old and RF. Are there any tips/tricks for the install? And where would I tether the seat to? TIA!
Alys

ADS

aept

It's good that your littlest is already four months old. Hopefully he has some head control because due to the sloped seats the seats will install more upright rear-facing than would be appropriate for a newborn.

You could use the angle adjuster for your older child to be even more upright, if you want. It installs pretty well either way (with or without AA) and using either the seatbelt or the latch. I prefer the seatbelt actually. I didn't find any "tricks" to be necessary.

Dodge has apparently stated that they do not approve of RF tethering and that there is no "approved" location to do so. I would leave them untethered.
Before I knew this, I did RF tether our radian but have since stopped doing so.

hejlalys

It's good that your littlest is already four months old. Hopefully he has some head control because due to the sloped seats the seats will install more upright rear-facing than would be appropriate for a newborn. You could use the angle adjuster for your older child to be even more upright, if you want. It installs pretty well either way (with or without AA) and using either the seatbelt or the latch. I prefer the seatbelt actually. I didn't find any "tricks" to be necessary. Dodge has apparently stated that they do not approve of RF tethering and that there is no "approved" location to do so. I would leave them untethered. Before I knew this, I did RF tether our radian but have since stopped doing so.

Thank you so very much! I have the boots on both car seats. I think that's what they're called. It gives them more of an angle. :) & I also have an angle adjuster as well.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC