Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

2008 Dodge Caravan & Diono Raineer

I have 2 diono raineers that I will need to install in my 2008 dodge caravan. We will have captains chairs. I would like to rear face tether. I have 1 son who is 4 months old and 15 lbs and RF. My older son is 31 lbs & 2 1/2 years old and RF. Are there any tips/tricks for the install? And where would I tether the seat to? TIA!
    Alys

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

It's good that your littlest is already four months old. Hopefully he has some head control because due to the sloped seats the seats will install more upright rear-facing than would be appropriate for a newborn.

You could use the angle adjuster for your older child to be even more upright, if you want. It installs pretty well either way (with or without AA) and using either the seatbelt or the latch. I prefer the seatbelt actually. I didn't find any "tricks" to be necessary.

Dodge has apparently stated that they do not approve of RF tethering and that there is no "approved" location to do so. I would leave them untethered.
    Before I knew this, I did RF tether our radian but have since stopped doing so.
    Ann, mom to 3 big brothers and a baby girl:
    DS1 - Aug 2006, 80 lb, 56", incognitos
    DS2 - May 2008, 77 lb, 51.5", Vivo or NBB
    DS3 - June 2011, 46 lb, 43", FF in FR85 or booster training
    DD - May 2015, 19 lb, 29", ) Snugride 30

Quote Originally Posted by aept View Post
    It's good that your littlest is already four months old. Hopefully he has some head control because due to the sloped seats the seats will install more upright rear-facing than would be appropriate for a newborn. You could use the angle adjuster for your older child to be even more upright, if you want. It installs pretty well either way (with or without AA) and using either the seatbelt or the latch. I prefer the seatbelt actually. I didn't find any "tricks" to be necessary. Dodge has apparently stated that they do not approve of RF tethering and that there is no "approved" location to do so. I would leave them untethered. Before I knew this, I did RF tether our radian but have since stopped doing so.
    Thank you so very much! I have the boots on both car seats. I think that's what they're called. It gives them more of an angle. & I also have an angle adjuster as well.