Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Keyfit 30 DOM Oct 2013

So I have a Keyfit 30 DOM Oct 2013, which has a little snag on the fabric back behind where the baby sits, and stickers are a little messed up on the base. I also have the matching stroller and an extra base with a slightly older DOM (sometime in 2012) and I have it listed on Craigslist for $150.

No takers- am I being unreasonable? I mean the Keyfit travel system retails for new at $300 and that's not including the extra base.

What influences you if you would buy something off Craigslist? More/better pictures? Price alone? Better description?
    Mommy to Jake, a.k.a Booger Breath #1- born March 2012 and Sawyer, my little "Soy Bean"- born May 2014

Playing the Car Seat Shuffle between a True Fit Premier, Guide 65, Graco MySize, Graco Milestone and a Maxi Cosi Pria

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

I think the price is fair.
    Technically, I wouldn't buy any car seat from craigslist, but I would buy a stroller. But let's pretend I would buy one: I like when I see DOM stickers on craigslist. At least I know the sellers are cognizant of expiration dates.
    What would influence me most are pictures, cleanliness, and other descriptors (smoke free, whether or not there are pets in the home)
    Maybe you could emphasize how much life it has left in it? I have seen similar Chicco travel systems for sale for about the same price (more like 100-120 ish) that are 4 years old already but yours is much.
    Ann, mom to 3 big brothers and a baby girl:
    DS1 - Aug 2006, 80 lb, 56", incognitos
    DS2 - May 2008, 77 lb, 51.5", Vivo or NBB
    DS3 - June 2011, 46 lb, 43", FF in FR85 or booster training
    DD - May 2015, 19 lb, 29", ) Snugride 30

Thanks, maybe it's just that I live in a busy community with lots of money (generally) so people prefer to either buy new or dirt cheap. I'm just discouraged that no one is interested after 2 weeks and I really want the money to buy ds2 a bohemian blue pria... But because it's so not necessary as I have a Guide 65 for him I can't justify it unless I sell the Keyfit... Lol
    Mommy to Jake, a.k.a Booger Breath #1- born March 2012 and Sawyer, my little "Soy Bean"- born May 2014

Playing the Car Seat Shuffle between a True Fit Premier, Guide 65, Graco MySize, Graco Milestone and a Maxi Cosi Pria

Gotcha!
    And that was supposed to say: "yours is much newer."
    Not sure what happened to that last word - I guess I forgot to write it!
    Ann, mom to 3 big brothers and a baby girl:
    DS1 - Aug 2006, 80 lb, 56", incognitos
    DS2 - May 2008, 77 lb, 51.5", Vivo or NBB
    DS3 - June 2011, 46 lb, 43", FF in FR85 or booster training
    DD - May 2015, 19 lb, 29", ) Snugride 30