Dorel is awesome

lgenne

How can I list the ways?

They're sending me harness pads and the longer crotch strap for the Scenera NEXT for free because I sat on hold for so long.

The reason I sat on hold so long is that they were tracking down 2 things for me:

1) Can the SE covers fit the EX Advance Air+ Whatever? (Yes, they can. They cost ~$70. I'm holding off on purchasing that car seat for the moment. I assume more colors are coming soon. While I'd like an extra cover for a seat I expect to potty train 2 kids in, I don't like the one color it comes in, and I'm not in love with the colors of the SE. And I don't need it RIGHT NOW and money's a little tighter this month.)

2) Are there harness covers for the EX? Apparently that information is not easily accessible to the call center. They're going to track it down (which may require testing) and get back to me.

And while I was on hold I discovered that the Scenera NEXT now comes in some awesome colors in addition to the prints, and it's available in a 2-pack that can save you a few bucks (you get to choose one print and one solid color):

http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/Cosco-...r-Seat-Choose-your-Color/41126745?type=search

http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/17376977?type=search

Too bad I ordered a print last week...

ADS

jwilliams

This is not helping my desire for a Next or two! My youngest kids also came in a two pack, so even a few dollars off is appreciated [emoji14]

I am curious, if a kid is above the last of the lower slots on a Sureride, how much above the Next's top slot they would be? Off to look at slot heights...

lgenne

Does it matter? It's the seat height and standing height that matter for outgrowing it RF. I know that the top slots on the SN are 13".

jwilliams

Does it matter? It's the seat height and standing height that matter for outgrowing it RF. I know that the top slots on the SN are 13".

It looks like the slanted Sureride slots are 6", 8", and 10", so we would be in great shape with the SN. I just didn't want to end up with the straps coming from even lower than they are now. The Sureride has a big gap - after the 10" slot, the next one is 14.5". It's just a little awkward.

lgenne

Ah, that makes sense.

I say go for it. Harness strap covers if you want them are under $5 each, including shipping. Not sure about the crotch strap. They were falling all over themselves to send it to me for free before the price got mentioned.

1mommy

I recall a previous post stating that they do make harness covers for the EX and its up to the store if they want to include them or not. Let me try and find the thread...

Found it!

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?p=2859932

Err ok sorry im confused now, lol that was your post, lol. Did they decide they didn't know after all?

Last edited:

jwilliams

Ah, that makes sense.

I say go for it. Harness strap covers if you want them are under $5 each, including shipping. Not sure about the crotch strap. They were falling all over themselves to send it to me for free before the price got mentioned.
I think I will treat myself soon! The harness covers are a big selling point, plus the lack of a required recline. The SR is pretty big front to back, even in the captain's chairs of a new Ody. (These are seats for grandma's vehicle).

lgenne

I recall a previous post stating that they do make harness covers for the EX and its up to the store if they want to include them or not. Let me try and find the thread...

Found it!

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?p=2859932

Err ok sorry im confused now, lol that was your post, lol. Did they decide they didn't know after all?

When I originally contacted them, the EX wasn't out at all yet, so it was more of a general "yes we offer harness pads for all our seats" response. But they apparently either haven't tested or haven't gotten the details to their call center yet.

cookie123

Why is everyone so excited about the Next? 13 inch slots seems really short. Even if you're using it for rear facing only. How long does that last before the harness starts falling off the shoulders? This is a serious question, I'm not being facetious.

katymyers

Why is everyone so excited about the Next? 13 inch slots seems really short. Even if you're using it for rear facing only. How long does that last before the harness starts falling off the shoulders? This is a serious question, I'm not being facetious.

I recently sat my five year old in one at Walmart. He is over the weight limit for sure and probably above the height limit, though I'm not sure exactly how tall he is right now, he had about 3/4 of an inch above his head. I didn't think the straps were falling off his shoulders despite being so low. I think it's a very well designed seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwilliams

I think there are a few reasons. First, it's a$49 seat that will get most kids to 2 RF, with a 2y FF minimum. It's compact all around and designed for a noodle-less install. As for the top slot height, 13" would be slightly above my 36" tall kids' shoulders, and they are long torsoed. I think they would be comfortable until the 40" RF limit.

Oh, and it's (IMO) as cute as the Coccoro but without the weird insert usage rules/manual/installation or obscene price.

lgenne

Seriously, it's like Dorel was reading my mind. I saw those brightly colored covers and had to go update my Coccoro vs. Scenera NEXT pros/cons list. (SN totally wins.)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429573115.844539.jpg

Cnidaria

Why is everyone so excited about the Next?

Major rear-facing longevity (potentially to 4 for some kids) at a cheap cheap price, dreamy-easy install, extreme front to back compactness without a 22 lb minimum for it (just sitting independently), narrow, light for traveling.

And yes, the solid colors are seriously CUTE! I can't decide which one I like best!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC