Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar

Waterproof mattress pads- twin and crib

Dd wet the bed last night for the first time in a long time and it reminded me that I should probably grab a mattress protector for the crib she was sleeping on before the baby comes. While the mattress is vinyl and pretty much water repellant, I'd like to get a couple before we have too many accidents on it. Any recommendations for an inexpensive but decent crib sized waterproof pad?

And for a twin bed- the ones I've bought at ikea seem to like to stick together in the dryer, making little holes where liquid can get through. Since I now know this, I'll likely switch the slightly holey one that is on ds's bed with one that hasn't been dried before since he still has an accident every so often. And then only air dry it from now on. But for a backup/another option, any good waterproof pads for a twin bed out there? I need it to last through the dryer without melting to itself...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCO 4/15

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member sirrahn's Avatar

Re: Waterproof mattress pads- twin and crib

I have PUL mattress pads for the twin beds. They don't really get tested much anymore, but PUL is quiet and they've held up well for years now so we still use them.

This http://www.walmart.com/ip/Quiet-Comf...ss-Pad/7811155 looks very similar to what we have although I might have bought them at Target. I can't quite remember.

For the crib I always just used the big flannel textured thin waterproof pads under the sheet. HTH!
    Mom to DS-21 driving a 2011 Honda CR-Z, DS-19 driving a 2010 Toyota Prius, DD-16 driving a 2017 Toyota Yaris iA, and DD-14 riding in a 2018 Mazda CX-9 & 2018 Mazda CX-3

4. Thank You from:

CPS Fanatic

I have a bunch of waterproof mattress pads from Target that all make it through the dryer numerous times just fine. I know some are Room Essentials brand, and at least one is a more expensive brand (RE doesn't make a king size waterproof mattress pad) but I don't remember what brand it is.

We have at least 2 waterproof crib size mattress pads, but at least one has issues sticking to itself when it goes through the dryer and I don't remember what brand they are.

Twin Size SafeRest Premium Hypoallergenic Waterproof Mattress Protector - Vinyl Free https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003PWS9AI..._QqCmvb1N4KXPF
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003PWS9AI..._QqCmvb1N4KXPF

We have these on the boys' beds, so far so good!

7. Thank You from:

Ambassador - CPS Technician CTPDMom's Avatar

I have these on all of our twin beds, have had the same ones for years and no issues with tearing or anything. Even on the bed my 9yo uses daily, and he's rough on everything! I prefer these, so I can use whatever mattress pad covers I prefer. When there used to be accidents, I'd just wipe the vinyl cover down and wash everything else.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-...ingMethod=p13n
    CPST - Special Needs Trained

The things you take for granted, someone else is praying for.

Quote Originally Posted by CTPDMom View Post
    I have these on all of our twin beds, have had the same ones for years and no issues with tearing or anything. Even on the bed my 9yo uses daily, and he's rough on everything! I prefer these, so I can use whatever mattress pad covers I prefer. When there used to be accidents, I'd just wipe the vinyl cover down and wash everything else.

Thanks! My mom actually brought me one of these from Target just yesterday. We put the ruined ones on top of it and then a sheet. Should work perfectly!

She came up with this after ds wet the bed with the compromised one on his bed and it leaked through to the mattress. I was ticked off! It took 2 days to clean the mattress and let it dry and ds had to sleep on the floor. Here's hoping the combination keeps the mattress dry!

CCO 4/15

For twin beds, I like the Ikea ones. I'm not sure if they make crib ones
    Melissa

DD#1, April 2004, FFg in a Pink Harmony Literider & Onyx Parkway SG
    DD#2, January 2007, FFg in a Pink Monterey & Purple with Pink Hearts HBTB

Riding in my 2010 Toyota RAV4 and DH's 2011 Ford 150 Crew Cab

Quote Originally Posted by CTPDMom View Post

Thanks! My mom actually brought me one of these from Target just yesterday. We put the ruined ones on top of it and then a sheet. Should work perfectly!

She came up with this after ds wet the bed with the compromised one on his bed and it leaked through to the mattress. I was ticked off! It took 2 days to clean the mattress and let it dry and ds had to sleep on the floor. Here's hoping the combination keeps the mattress dry!

CCO 4/15