Will a Blvd CT last a big baby until booster age?

diaperjoys

Or would it get too narrow/shallow for her once she is forward facing? The Foonf is just more than we can spend, but I might be able to spring for a Blvd CT. However, if I'm just going to have to turn around and buy another FF seat later, then maybe I'm aiming in the wrong direction. I'd love it if she could go from this RF convertible straight into a dedicated booster. But maybe she is just too big for that to work out. What do ya'll think?

She's 14 months old, 27+ lbs, and always above the 95th percentile in both height and weight. We're her foster parents (soon to be adoptive parents)so I can't compare her to our other kids and figure out her growth path from that.

Any input or suggestions?

ADS

gigi

My 42", 39 lb 3 year old (90+%ile height, 4 in June) has lots and LOTS of growing room FF in her CT. Her legs are comfortable. By contrast, she only had about 1" of room above her shoulders in the Fllo.

diaperjoys

My 42", 39 lb 3 year old (90+%ile height, 4 in June) has lots and LOTS of growing room FF in her CT. Her legs are comfortable. By contrast, she only had about 1" of room above her shoulders in the Fllo.

And what about shoulder width? I remember using the old style Marathons with my older kids. They were supposed to fit up to this really high weight, but the seat was fairly shallow and shoulder area was narrow - the kiddos just couldn't wedge themselves into the seat, despite fitting the parameters of "safe use"...

Hazelandlucy

I would look into the Safety 1st advanced air seat that RF to 50 lbs. Its much cheaper and very wide and tons of leg room. I sometimes wonder if my 3 yr old will still be comfortable in the shoulders in her Foonf and Fllo all the way to a booster, but she was practically swimming in shoulder room when I tried her in safety 1st just for fun.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
My daughter is 45.5" tall, 50+ lbs, broad shouldered, about 4.5 years old. 98th percentile for height currently and growing fast.

Comfort-wise, she fits great in the BlvdCT. And in the house she has a TON of growing room. But unfortunately my cars seem to eat height out of the car seat, and she is level with the top harness position in the car (I even got out a bubble level to check).

But she's also level with the top harness position in a Nautilus so... pretty much if any convertible is going to get a kid to booster age, the BlvdCT will. If that seat won't do it, then no matter what you buy you're going to end up with a Frontier someday anyway. Or putting an adult in back to monitor booster usage.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC