Hey, glad I got a SafeSeat

ThreeBeans

:eek:

I'm used to having shrimply children.

Bean the Third has gained five pounds in less than two months. 12 pounds, 12 ounces today, 24 inches. 90% percentile for height and 75th for weight. Hot damn.

ADS

Suzibeck

3rd kids have a way of mixing things up! My first two doubled their birth weights before they were 3 months and were both 20 lbs before 6 months. Then #3 came along. She managed to barely double her birth weight at 12 months and didn't hit 20 lbs until 18 months.

waterbaby

Wow... but that's good, right? ;)

What is it about the third child?! My first two were "shrimply", too, lol, and my third is monstrous.

Jordynsmama

Aww you got a chunky one! Its fun. I loved my chunky fat baby.:)
J was 18lbs at 5 months. I think he may outdo her! He is soooo long also. wow.

MySillyKids

Yea, i'll break some record somewhere..

My DS2 was 30lbs *YES* 30lbs at 6 months.

He had a medical reason however, he was getting over 200 calories in his bottle, PER bottle. (formula, and Insane amount of rice cereal for his dysphagia)

He lost 5lbs after pulling the rice cereal 'thickener' and being put on simply thick.

ooh you can see how messy the playroom REALLY is in the back of that pic! LOL!!

Last edited:

ThreeBeans

Oh my word, look at the cute fat baby :love:

How old is he, how much does he weigh now? Is he still rearfacing? You must have panicked when he hit 30 pounds :eek:

MsFacetious

hmmm, I'd say it's about time to update your signature.

Tip: Use birthdates instead of ages. It's a wonderful thing. lol On sites where I had their ages, I gave up and did the birthdays. Besides, then people were always telling me my signature was wrong and I would tell them it wasn't... because they were born in the same year. lol

Ali was big too, 25lbs I think at 6 months....because of her aspiration reflux and the rice cereal. Until we discovered Simply Thick which was the most genius creation ever. :) Ali didn't even hit 35lbs then until she was 4. lol

mommyto4

I may sound stupid here, but what is Simply Thick? I have a friend that has a home daycare and she has a little boy that is about 6 months old and they add rice cereal to his bottles because he has reflux or something. He is also very big for his age, so I'm just curious about Simply Thick. Is it something that you add to the formula to make it thicker so it stays down better? I'm going to google search it, but I'd appreciate any info.

MySillyKids

He's almost 21 months, 32lbs, and 33 1/4 inches.

Simply thick should only be used when you talk to a dr about it. Its NOT cheap, and most kiddos who have reflux dont need it. My son only needed it because he couldn't swallow properly. We were under dr's care forever about that. We had 5 Modified barium swallows, that showed his varying degrees of dysphagia. (good then worse, then MORE worse, then same, then off of all products).

if more info about is needed, i'll be back later, Grandma's here, and we're baking cookies!

Synchro246

3rd kids have a way of mixing things up! My first two doubled their birth weights before they were 3 months and were both 20 lbs before 6 months. Then #3 came along. She managed to barely double her birth weight at 12 months and didn't hit 20 lbs until 18 months.

Oh I hope my third does this! I don't think I could handle lugging another heavyweight around with two in tow.

MsFacetious

My daughter used Simply Thick because she couldn't swallow liquids. They would go down the wrong pipe. (Think when you inhale something instead of swallowing it... and choke).

As long as it was about the consistency of honey it would go down alright. We figured this out with a few barrium swallow studies to make sure we had the right consistency. As she got older it wasn't as much of an issue. When she gets sick though it can be a problem again.

Simply Thick, is expensive. We paid for it out of pocket, which I couldn't do right now.

Suzibeck

MySillyBoys, I love the fat baby picture! My middle dd looked about like that at one point. She was a comfort nurser and then weaned and went on formula thickend with Barley for her reflux. When her dysphagia was dx, not until she was 20 months even though I suspected it at 5 months:mad:, we started to use NutraThick. I'm guessing it is the same thing as Simply Thick for the most part. I was able to get it so much cheaper at Gordon Food Service, a restaruant supply place. Strange thing to find there but evidently it is used in Nursing Homes quite a bit and they shop there.

Anyway, my dd really slimmed down at about 15 months because we couldn't control her asthma, because no one would listen to me that the kid was aspirating! She was burning a huge number of calories just breathing. Her asthma rarely gives her trouble now and her dysphagia has resolved. She is now at the 75th percentile for height and the 25th for weight. She is a 4/5 around and 10 in length! Even slims fall off her. Funny how fat babies can become such skinny minnies!

serabi

We used Simply Thick, although she passed a swallow study. She actually was on thin for awhile and then her reflux started acting up and Simply Thick was the only way to get more than 3oz at a time into her. Sigh.

It's definitely worth looking into! But it's VERY expensive.

MySillyKids

My insurance paid for our simply thick. We just had to pay our copay, which was 10%. So we spent $35, for SIX boxes a month.

yea, we used 4 packets per bottle. 3 bottles a day. He was on honey thick.

his bottles:

IMG_4967.jpg

yea nasty.

keri1292

ummm...what IS it??? I get that it's a thickener, but what exactly is it made of? Glad it has helped so many of your kids, but it sure does look nasty!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC