Blvd. vs. Blvd CT vs. Roundabout 55 for tall baby

diaperjoys

Our baby is big - always over 95th percentile. She's 14 months and looks like she's 2 or 3 years old. I'm looking for a nicely padded rf seat that will take her at least to 3.5yo. And it would be lovely for it to work ff too, until she can booster.

She rides now in a Roudabout 55, which clearly won't be tall enough. The roundabout fits nicely between two big kids in the 3rd row of our Odyssey. I'm looking at a Blvd., or a Blvd CT. Would one of those work? I'm afraid things would get too squishy when it came time to ff. But maybe not?

ADS

kirst

Out if the seats u mentioned deff the blvd click tight. The other two aren't tall rfing seats.

lgenne

The Blvd isn't really considered a long-lasting RF seat at this point, since it's outgrown by height so early.

I take it she's just big all around, both tall and heavy for her age?

There are narrow seats that RF to 40 pounds but go really tall (the Blvd CT is one of these; also the Marathon CT and the Graco "clones") and narrow seats that go as high as 50 pounds but aren't as tall (various Diono models, Clek Foonf/Fllo).

There is one seat on the market that is NOT narrow but RFs to 50 lbs and 49 inches, but your big kids are unlikely to be comfortable next to it (Safety 1st Advance EX Air+ 65 or something like that). It might be an option if she can move to the 2nd row. It's also far cheaper than any of the previously mentioned seats.

diaperjoys

The Blvd isn't really considered a long-lasting RF seat at this point, since it's outgrown by height so early.

I take it she's just big all around, both tall and heavy for her age?

There are narrow seats that RF to 40 pounds but go really tall (the Blvd CT is one of these; also the Marathon CT and the Graco "clones") and narrow seats that go as high as 50 pounds but aren't as tall (various Diono models, Clek Foonf/Fllo).

There is one seat on the market that is NOT narrow but RFs to 50 lbs and 49 inches, but your big kids are unlikely to be comfortable next to it (Safety 1st Advance EX Air+ 65 or something like that). It might be an option if she can move to the 2nd row. It's also far cheaper than any of the previously mentioned seats.

Yes, she's both tall and heavy. 27+ lbs at 14 months, comfortably wears size 2T. Would the footprint of a Blvd CT be about the same as a Roundabout 55? The big boys are age almost 11 and almost 12 right now, and they sit beside the RA just fine. We keep the 2nd row seats fairly far forward, and the big boys are able to squeeze between the baby seat and the 2nd row seats without needing to fold down any seats, which is a big help when loading 5 kiddos.

I'm hoping to keep this configuration as long as possible - the alternative is placing the 11yo, 10yo, and 9yo boys shoulder to shoulder across the third row, and that puts them so much in each other's space that it is tricky for everyone to stay in fellowship on rides of any distance.

lgenne

I don't know how any of them compare with the RA55.

There's one more kid you haven't mentioned. I don't suppose that kid is in a FF harness seat or HBB?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
There is no ”too upright” for the clicktight convertibles. So depending on car, in many vehicles it's quite compact at its most upright, if you can get it that upright...

diaperjoys

I don't know how any of them compare with the RA55.

There's one more kid you haven't mentioned. I don't suppose that kid is in a FF harness seat or HBB?

5 kiddos, all in my signature - 11yo & 10yo are now 5 stepping in that back row, the 9yo is in a backless, the 7yo is in a hbb. It's a wide hbb, though, I don't think it would work well in the center of the third row, if that is what you are thinking...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC