Easy to buckle booster/wonky buckles

arly1983

Truck is a 2014 gmc Acadia. It has these semi fixed buckles. They don't move back and forth and just a little bit up or down. I have tried every booster I have had and they either sit on the buckle (oobr) or flush against it (parkway SG, turbo, Ozzi, dreamtime, nautilus) making it impossible for the kids to buckle and very hard for me to buckle. I have to pull the booster away from the buckle to buckle it. There is only one position that does not have this buckle and my dd is in it in a booster in the 3rd row. This is where ds2 sits in a old style parkwaySG. I will need to buy another booster in June or July anyway so I figured I would see if a highback booster existed that could be easier to buckle.

Ds2 is 6 yrs 2 mths, new booster rider, torso is about 18ish ins, 4 ft 2 ins, 56 lbs (all correct, we just went to out 6 yr checkup :) )

*incognito works great with these buckles, btw, just backless.

image-743568165.jpg

image-3064982852.jpg

ADS

arly1983

Maybe a graco affix? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At his torso height? I thought it was the same as the turbo? He has nearly outgrown the turbo though it may just be in my car.

And secondly, this will be the last booster/child seat I will probably ever buy so I don't mind spending more but finding something to use with that buckle is priority.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
There's a head restraint there, yes? Maybe the Safety 1st Boost Air? (highback, but requires a headrest)...only reason I'm thinking it, is the armrests flip up, and it's narrow at the back of the base, so that might make it easier. It has a 'flimsy' feel to it compared to the solid boosters you're used to, but mine held up for years to a filthy (ok, well maybe no dirtier than the average kid who spends a couple hours a day in the car including lots of slurpees...), sleepy little boy I watch, great sleep support, and the top belt guide is like 22/23 inches, fit my dd1 for a test sit of it when she was 11+.

Dillipop

At his torso height? I thought it was the same as the turbo? He has nearly outgrown the turbo though it may just be in my car.

And secondly, this will be the last booster/child seat I will probably ever buy so I don't mind spending more but finding something to use with that buckle is priority.

Sorry, I missed the torso height. Yeah, it's about the same height as the turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Or a Rodifix...I wonder what the height of the belt guides is on that? I think carseatblog.com has a review of it that might have that (running out the door now or I'd find it).

jwilliams

Or a Rodifix...I wonder what the height of the belt guides is on that? I think carseatblog.com has a review of it that might have that (running out the door now or I'd find it).
It's 21". http://carseatblog.com/26151/maxi-cosi-rodifix-booster-review-european-style-design-american-kids/

I was totally thinking of this as a solution. It's not recommended much - I think because it's a $250 highback-only booster without cupholders, probably. But I think it is definitely the right booster for certain jobs.

arly1983

Hi all, thanks for all the replies :)

Boost air may work. I just need to find one that is not pink and within driving distance.

I have to admit the price if the rodifix is a little shocking at first. But if it makes our buckle issue go away, it would be worth it. I never would have thought of it and wasn't very familiar with it. The review and video on the blog was great.

arly1983

I may have found a solution in a place I wasn't expecting: frontier 85 in booster mode. When it's latched, the car buckle sits behind a place where the shell narrows at the back. There is a niche where the male buckle can just fit and be buckled easily. Well, easy for me which is an improvement. DS2 may learn how to buckle it with time.

It's a good booster fit for DS2, the block is flipped back, the base is 100% on the seat, and the shoulder belt retracts easily. Anything I missed? I am off to read the manual. Daily use it's what will prove if it will work or not. I have always preferred dedicated boosters so using the fr85 as a booster never occurred to me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC