Radian question?

steph

Someone said the Radian only has a 49 inch height limit?

How long (on average) would a child last in the Radian65 (same shell as 80 right)?

ADS

becca011906

Senior Community Member
I'd say a good average is right about 6 years old for most kids... ds is a little taller then average and was to tall just right after turning 6. DD is tall but a short/small torso and has about 1- 1.5 inches to grow in the radain and will be 6 in June so he will likely make it to 6.5 if she keeps growing all legs and not much torso. although then i have allie who's only 3 and only has right at 2 inches left in it (she uses the top slots on it like abby) so she might be one to out grow it around 5.... really varies.

ThreeBeans

It has 17 inch harness height, same as the Marathon, same as the Cargo, same as the EFTA, same as the Apex. Evidently, kids fit in the Radian a bit longer than they do the marathon though.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
It has 17 inch harness height, same as the Marathon, same as the Cargo, same as the EFTA, same as the Apex. Evidently, kids fit in the Radian a bit longer than they do the marathon though.

I'd say more then a bit longer, abby is right even with the top slots of the marathon but still has a good 1-1.5 inch in the radain... so that could be a year or probably longer.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I'd say more then a bit longer, abby is right even with the top slots of the marathon but still has a good 1-1.5 inch in the radain... so that could be a year or probably longer.

Yes. My daughter has *maybe* 0.5" left in the Marathon depending on how she sits and how I squish the cover. And this is the Radian:

radian80.2.JPG

crunchierthanthou

I believe the top harness position is 18" on the radians and SKJP allows you to use it with the harness up to 1" below the child's shoulders (if you're comfortable with that).

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I believe the top harness position is 18" on the radians and SKJP allows you to use it with the harness up to 1" below the child's shoulders (if you're comfortable with that).

It's only 17 on the Radian, but since it's so upright and you can go over the top slots, everyone keeps saying 18 (and I'm tired of feeling like a butthead for correcting it all the time... :whistle:)

My dd was over the top slots at 49 inches/48 pounds/just a little over age 7...a year after she outgrew the Marathon.

:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC