Danielle - thefosters.2

steph

Danielle-

Hey what combo of seats have you gotten across in the MDX? I'm trying to help a friend with a Pilot, she needs 2 harnessed seats and one booster.

TIA

ADS

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Hey Steph!
Whewww there have been a lot of different combinations going on in my car...but most included an infant seat since I have a young one.
As far as two harnessed seats and a booster...that is my current set up but I don't have much to work with as my seat collection has dwindled to the basics.
Right now I have a ff Boulevard outboard behind the passenger, a rf'ing Marathon in the center, and a Parkway behind the driver. I can also use a Turbo in place of the Parkway but buckling it isn't as easy for my daughter because of the big armrests. I have done a ff Boulevard outboard (either side) and a rf'ing Marathon outboard (again either side) with a back-less Turbo in the middle but it was NOT fun trying to get my daughter buckled...but it can be done. I want to find an imported Clek (armrest-less) to try here but no such luck so far. Oh this past weekend we went to the pumpkin patch and I had a ff Boulevard in the middle, rf'ing Marathon behind the driver, and a Parkway behind the passenger. This is would be my favorite setup but my son in the ff Boulevard likes to mess with the heater controls on the back of the center console so I don't usually have it like this.
The trick for me getting the combination of 3 across that I want heavily depends on how I do the install...whether I use LATCH or the seatbelt. With the seatbelt the carseat doesn't have to be centered on the vehicle seat so that give me a lot of leeway for puzzling. Oh and the MDX has LATCH in the center which makes a center install a lot easier than in the Pilot with the seatbelt.
If you want I would be more then happily to help if she is working with similar seats I can go out and try other things and give more specific tips as far as what makes what fit.

steph

She has an 04 Honda Pilot
Her almost 7 year old is in a Graco TurboBooster
Her 4 1/2 year old is in a Evenflo Big Kid Deluxe Booster (she would like to see him back in a 5 pt)
Her 18 month old needs a seat - not sure what she is in now.

Her daughter is a peanut 19.12 pounds and 31 1/2 inches tall.

I don't know the exact weight of her son but I know he is over 40lbs.

I was thinking the Radian65 for her 4 1/2 year old and the FPSVD for the 18 month old and then the TurboBooster for her 7 year old- do you think that would work?

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I would think it would work but I *believe* the 07 MDX is wider then the Pilot but I am not sure by how much. But I would think it would work out just fine. Have fun playing musical seats!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC