Can this be used in a car seat?

ADS

littleangelfire

I would say no. It looks pretty much like a puffer coat for babies in the picture. No coats, no snowsuits in car seats. Fleece works, and shower cap style covers that go on top of the seat work.

Mary_Ann

Yep, they are really thick. I used the one piece cocoon for DD2 when she was 8-15 months. During the colder months, we put the MEC Ursus underneath and she was hot!

It is not designed to play in the snow, nor on wet grass during spring.

sunflower

I think I still have my Ursus, though it's been used for a few kids already. Is the Cocoon warmer than the Ursus though? I'm looking at the 6 month size. I can always layer them together when in the stroller outside, though it doesn't happen often. In that weather I'm usually wearing the baby inside my coat.

sunflower

I just received the Cocoon today. It's even thinner than the Ursus, so better for the car seat, but I prefer fleece or soft fabric inners on coats. I will keep it though. And the blue color is way more fun and bright than the hunter green Ursus I have!

Thanks everyone.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC