5 children - newborn to 9 years - what would be a good fit?

6lilbits

We have a less than 1 year old Town & Country 2011. Totally worked for us in price and when we had 4 children. Now that we are due in June with #5, and having to have 3 in the 3rd row (with the crappy seat belts), it is just not working. We were just debating trading it in for an 8 passenger but hadn't gotten very far in figuring that out and then, 2 weeks ago, a garbage truck backed into our van. The frame is damaged. People are telling us to see if they will total it out because of the frame being damaged and who knows if they will be able to repair so that car is back to what it used to be. Not to mention, the value will go considerably down which will make it hard to trade in for a different car. A little stressful.
We have a rental right now - 2015 Kia Sedona and love it! But wondering if there are any other suggestions out there. Is it really only Sienna or Odyssey? Hubby would even by interested in looking at a Suburban:0 I don't know the outcome with this stupid garbage truck business but feel I should be prepared nonetheless. I just want a safe car to transport my family that we will all fit comfortably - is this impossible?

ADS

lgenne

Yes, Odyssey, Sienna, 2015 Sedona are the only 8 passenger minivans on the market.

My first recommendation is to REALLY test drive any vehicle you're going to purchase. That means take all your kids and all your car seats and see how close you can come to getting them all in in an acceptable configuration. (I'm assuming you have an infant seat to try out, even if it's expired.) Bear in mind that you might not get a perfect install with your existing car seats anywhere, but if you can't even come close, that's probably not the vehicle for you.

bnsnyde

We have 6 kids newborn to age 8 and the 8 seater Odyssey (2011 or newer) is wonderful.
6 carseats or boosters fit, with use of an Incognito for my 8 YO 3rd row.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC