Ford escape three seats needed - Canada

U

Unregistered

Any suggestions on fitting three car seats across a 2008 ford escape? I currently have two evenflo surerides but need to get three across now. They are for 4yr old( is forward facing) 43lbs, 42inches, 15 month old (needs to rear face) 24lbs, not sure of height but he is very tall, and a 3yr old (forward facing) 33lbs, again not sure of height but he is very tiny. I think I will need to have the baby rearfacing in the middle as hubby and I are both tall and need all the space we ca get in the front. I'm hoping to not have to buy three new seats to do this. Thanks.

ADS

Alison's Mom

Hi there,

I don't know your vehicle specifically, but I would try a Harmony Defender or two for the FFing children if you don't want to spend a lot of money. It's a harness to booster seat available at Walmart for $159, I believe. http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/defender-360-car-seat/6000189057048

The other narrow seats are Diono Radians and Clek Foonf/Fllo but these cost considerably more. I would perhaps first try your two Surerides with one RF in centre for your 15mo, and one outboard FF, then add a Defender and see if that fits. Try installing all of them using seatbelt as this can give you a few more inches to play with rather than installing using the UAS anchors.

Or you could try a Radian 100 (which you might get on sale for not much over $200) in the centre for your 15mo with an Angle Adjuster which is a piece of foam sold separately that gets the carseat more upright to take up less 'front to back' room. Then try your Surerides FFing on either side. The Graco Myride is another convertible seat that may puzzle well with a Radian.

http://vicarseattechs.com/our-favourite-seats/infantchild-seats/

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC