Odyssey seats break in 3 mos!!???

bnsnyde

When we got our brand new van in 2011, the second board outboard seat lasted 3 months before breaking. We used it to get to the third row.

Warranty fixed it and then we didn't touch it as we changed the set up.

Now, we've never used the outboard seat on the other side...until now. And 3 months after we started, the seat (today when my daughter was sitting in it!) was sliding all around. It won't lock in place!!

I have all the kids at school and will have to put one up front today. Ug. Calling dealer now.

I am very annoyed because I doubted a feature like a sliding seat looked durable. But I figured everyone uses it, so it has to work. 3 months!!

ADS

NVMBR02

Yikes! That is just crazy. We have a 2012 Pilot and the seat slides the same way that it does in the Odyssey and we haven't had a problem. We slide ours at least 2-3 times a day, 6-7 times a week. I wonder if it is the same mechanism or if the Pilot's is slightly different? Or maybe, they improved something between the 2011 and 2012 models.

We haven't really had any issues with things breaking. Dh broke the handle you use the flip the 3rd row seat down, but that was completely his fault (though Honda did replace it under warranty) Everything else has been fine. Just the normal oil changes/routine maintenance and new tires.

Dillipop

That just sounds wrong. I have an 08 sienna and I slide or flip the outboard seat daily and have for years without any issues. Sounds like a manufacturing defect to me and hopefully they extend the warranty to cover it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jennzee

Have you tried to pull up on the little bar under the seat? Occasionally one of our outboard seats will have trouble locking into place and all I have to do is pull up on that bar. For some reason, it doesn't always engage on its own. It only seems to happen when the seat is in wide mode, so maybe that has something to do with it.

bnsnyde

Somehow it was stuck and the dealer fixed it today (no charge!). It wasn't a big fix. But it sure put me in a panic!

And while we use wide-mode and I like it, all the right things having to engage at the right time...well, I guess it doesn't always happen!

I am glad it's fixed right now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC