Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Canada Best convertible carseat for 03' Toyota Tundra Access Cab- Canada

Hi!

My husband and I are looking for a convertible carseat that will fit in my 2011 VW Golf and his 2003 Toyota Tundra Access Cab. We would preferably like a carseat with is RF to 65 lbs and can be FF and a booster as well. Does anyone know of a carseat that will work for what we are looking for? In the research I've done so far it's seem near impossible to find something to fit with the small bench seat in his truck!! We are NOT looking to buy a new vehicle, so hoping to find someone who's been there done that who can offer some advice to help us out...thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Best convertible carseat for 03' Toyota Tundra Access Cab

Hello and Welcome!

What's your budget?

Are you looking for 1 seat to go back and forth between the two cars, or 1 seat for each vehicle?

Hmm sounds like you need a compact seat - I would try some off this list:

http://carseatblog.com/22818/the-ult...-size-matters/

You may want to go to Babies R Us and ask if you can try a few out in your truck (one at a time)
    Mommy to Jake, a.k.a Booger Breath #1- born March 2012 and Sawyer, my little "Soy Bean"- born May 2014

Playing the Car Seat Shuffle between a True Fit Premier, Guide 65, Graco MySize, Graco Milestone and a Maxi Cosi Pria

CPS Fanatic

Just to set expectations a little: there is no car seat on the market (any market, not just US) that meets all your requirements, much less one that fits your vehicles. No car seats rear face to 65 pounds. And getting something that rear faces a long time and eventually becomes a booster limits you to essentially one car seat: the Graco Milestone and the Graco 4ever (which have minor differences, but are basically the same seat). Depending on what you really want, it's probably more feasible to buy something that works for now and the relatively near future in your vehicles, and when that car seat is outgrown, then look for the next thing that will work.

Can you tell us more about the kid(s) that will go in these car seats? Age, height, weight? What are your rear facing goals?

Unregistered

Thanks for the responses, to answer your questions:

We would like a seat that can go back and forth between our vehicles with ease!
    Budget - I don't really want to go above $400, but of course would prefer to spend less!
    Child - My son Grant is 9 months old, 30 inches tall, and approx 22 lbs (hasn't been weighed in a while)
    As far as getting something that we can use RF until 65 lbs I think I made a mistake...the seats we were looking at RF to 40 lbs and then FF to 65 I think ...doesn't the Britax Marathon do that? That is the seat we've been looking at, but I'm not sure if it will fit. We would like to RF as long as possible.
    Unfortunately the Tundra is not insured right now, so we can't bring it to the store to check if the seat will fit.

CPS Technician

Quote Originally Posted by lgenne View Post
    Just to set expectations a little: there is no car seat on the market (any market, not just US) that meets all your requirements, much less one that fits your vehicles. No car seats rear face to 65 pounds. And getting something that rear faces a long time and eventually becomes a booster limits you to essentially one car seat: the Graco Milestone and the Graco 4ever (which have minor differences, but are basically the same seat). Depending on what you really want, it's probably more feasible to buy something that works for now and the relatively near future in your vehicles, and when that car seat is outgrown, then look for the next thing that will work.

Can you tell us more about the kid(s) that will go in these car seats? Age, height, weight? What are your rear facing goals?

Just as a quick note, neither the 4ever or Milestone is available in Canada.
    Oliver: 06/15 in his Keyfit 30